Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much of the following Alchohol is needed for a wedding of 170 guests?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

This wedding is for 170 guests and not in a hotel, on private grounds so we need to supply the booze. Just wondering how much of the following would be needed?

Bottles of Gin
    Bottles of Vodka
    Bottles of Bacardi
    Bottles of Whiskey

and

Heineken Kegs
    Guinness Kegs

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

what's the age profile of the guests? mostly 20's/30's/40's or older?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Impossible to guess really. Best bet is to check with local off licence to see about returning unused bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Quick

half about 30 - 33

The other half about 55 - 60

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Quick wrote: »
    Heineken Kegs
    Guinness Kegs
    Ask about returning unused kegs. Probably best to get the kegs off the same people you're renting the taps from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

If the drink is free multiply answer by 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Hard one to call ... try and talk to a hotel and see if you can get average sales numbers for a wedding that size.

Do you know you precentages ... i.e. who drinks what because with out that you are really having a stab in the dark.

As you probably will have some wine with the dinner I would hazzard a guess of 10 drinks per person max. That covers those who drink more as you will no doubt have people who will drink less too.

The beer is easier as you only have 2 choices. However with Boxes of bottled beer so cheap these days it may be an idea to get in a rake of these also as it will be actually cheaper than Kegs. Remember bottles are 1Euro or less in some cases where as a keg will cost more than 2.50Euro a pint . So providing a mix may turn out to be cheaper but that's a call you have to make.

I also read somewhere lately 60% of all draught beer pints sold in Ireland are Guinness. So that's 60% Guinness and 40% Heineken ;).

50% Men = 85 peope and majority would be on pints on Pints I would imagine. 85 x 10 drinks = 850 pints. 88 pints to the Keg so lets round up to 10 kegs. 6 Guinness 4 Heineken Sorted ;)

Shorts are harder. 70cl = 19 measures. Also remember that some women prefer to stay on wine once they have started with wine for the dinner. So it is worth baring in mind that you may need extra wine rather than shorts. I'm not even going to try and guess what you need there.

Do you have someone to pour the pints and the shots? Otherwise it'll get messy near the end. That, and some of the spirits may go "missing".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

trad wrote: »
    If the drink is free multiply answer by 2
    Free bars can get incredibly messy, people lose all respect for the value of the drink and respect for themselves.

rubadub wrote: »
    Free bars can get incredibly messy, people lose all respect for the value of the drink and respect for themselves.
    Aye. Also, without someone to pour the drinks, stuff will get broken. And I'm not talking about just the equipment you rented out, but also bottles, etc, so ensure you have a first aid kit nearby.

Also, where will it be held? In a hall, in your house, in a city, down the county, what? I ask, as unwanted gatecrashers will gatecrash/get invited by the guests when "free beer" is mentioned.

Advertisement