Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep. of Ireland vs Argentina, 11th August

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

MIN2511 wrote: »
    So where's everyone watching the game? It's not on tv :(
    SS1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jester77 wrote: »
    iphone, €7 a month for a sub to all the sports, decent quality as well

what's this and will it work on iPod Touch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Scummy effort from McShame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Liam O wrote: »
    I hate listening to commentators talk about Messi because they are clearly all talking out of their arse especially Houghton with this Messi attitude crap.

eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Giles you legend.
    Platini you ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

LOL .. Boos for Platini on big screen . . big cheer for Gilsey . .

iphone, €7 a month for a sub to all the sports, decent quality as well
    What's the app called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Well. I'd prefer to be watching in HD but the picture is pretty good.
    +5 & +6 are the ones that are suffering from the overloaded transponder from what I can tell.

Nobody has a clue what we're on about :o.

G'wan the Foreign Satellite forum too.

lol, - thats a dodgy picture Oatsey!!

JSC have the RTE commentary too lol

jsc.jpg?t=1281555269

Anyone know if prawns were responsible for Trap's illness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Aidric wrote: »
    Anyone know if prawns were responsible for Trap's illness?

Mussels, apparently...

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    LOL .. Boos for Platini on big screen . . big cheer for Gilsey . .

Platini will be lucky to get out of there alive lol

Drumpot wrote: »
    LOL .. Boos for Platini on big screen.
    Damn right, but I would be aiming them more at that gob****e beside him.

If Ireland concede again this half, this could end up a cricket score by the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

what's this and will it work on iPod Touch?
    Nailz wrote: »
    What's the app called?

The app is sky mobile tv. Will work on an ipod touch or iphone (but not on an ipad) but only 1 device can be registered at any 1 time. Sub is €7 a month with no minimum contract period and you get Sky Sports 1 - 4, Sky Sports news, Sky news, At the races and ESPN. Not all ESPN content is shown, I know wrestling isn't.

eh?

Lionel Messi gets the ball, passes it 5 yards.

'Great pass there from Messi, he really has such amazing vision and is just so amazing at everything he does. He really has a great attitude to the game just look at when he got fouled there a few minutes ago, he got back to his feet. He really is so amazing at just being amazing. I love you Lionel Messi.

This is pretty much every single commentator who calls his games, from the La Liga coverage to the World Cup to this stupid friendly.

Mussels, apparently...
    Ouch. Got a dose from mussels a couple of years ago. Absolute horror show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Manc-Red wrote: »
    If Ireland concede again this half, this could end up a cricket score by the end

I'll give you a fiver to stop posting along the same point written ten different ways.

The app is sky mobile tv. Will work on an ipod touch or iphone (but not on an ipad) but only 1 device can be registered at any 1 time. Sub is €7 a month with no minimum contract period and you get Sky Sports 1 - 4, Sky Sports news, Sky news, At the races and ESPN. Not all ESPN content is shown, I know wrestling isn't.

/rings sky sports to cancel/

€7 a month? and nothing is blocked or anything like PL games?

noodler wrote: »
    I'll give you a fiver to stop posting along the same point written ten different ways.

What are you on about lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Stan :pac:

Cheers man. Would you imagine the new PL season being shown on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Sorry i'm going off topic here but just one small question. take it you have to pay the data charges while watching sky sports or is that included in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No imagination or creativity in Ireland's play. Fahey is not as effective in his role as a McGeady or Lawrence or Hunt would be and the central midfielders Green and Andrews aren't going to change things. Can't see much options on the bench to change it around either. Gibson maybe? Perhaps throw Keogh on? Really can't see where a goal could come from.

I love stan.. Its like watching a car crash in slow motion. You want to look away in horror but you cant help seeing if it gets worse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Im not sure what is worse, Ireland's lack of cohesion, or the fact that the crap brand of football which was on show in South Africa has been transplanted from JoBurg to the rest of the World.

Not suprised Argentina are on top. They are fitter and more aware. They played more friendly matches pre-world cup, and played 5 games in South Africa.

McShane and Kilbane are deserved scapegoats tonight. They are complete toilet. Sure, McShane was left on the bench at the weekend at Hull City's first game in the Championship. He should be nowhere near the International setup.

Paul Green is kinda impressive. Fahey looks a little unfit. Sheridan has been 50/50

• Advertisement

/rings sky sports to cancel/

€7 a month? and nothing is blocked or anything like PL games?

Well, iphone or big TV?? It's handy but you need to be close up to watch it. I'd give it a test run first before cancelling. It's good though as you can cancel right to the end of your subscription month. Nothing blocked so far, but I only subscribed over the summer. Will be interesting to see how it works on Sunday when Arsenal - Liverpool are on, wonder if sky will be able to handle the bandwidth. The picture quality has been very good so far for the Ireland game.

s_carnage wrote: »
    Sorry i'm going off topic here but just one small question. take it you have to pay the data charges while watching sky sports or is that included in it?

Yeah, that would be at your cost. I haven't tried it over 3G yet, but its very good over wifi

Info here on it:
    https://mobile-tv.sky.com/skyplayerservice/mobile/web/subscription/landing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It was nice of Ireland to deliberately play the first half in such a way as to not risk breaking any of the windows.

Hopefully Argentina will follow suit in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Stan why oh why couldnt you find a non footballing job after your playing career:mad:

Listening to Staunton talk is unbelievebly tiring. And I just wish he stops saying "The Argies".

• Advertisement

Oh dear God, they're doing it at half-time as well :rolleyes:

Nailz wrote: »
    Listening to Staunton talk is unbelievebly tiring. And I just wish he stops saying "The Argies".

Hard to listen to someone speak when there's a one second gap in between every word lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

lol, - thats a dodgy picture Oatsey!!

JSC have the RTE commentary too lol

jsc.jpg?t=1281555269

You'll never hear me complain too much! I used to watch the premiership highlight show on rte with a tv aerial in 1 hand and a beer in the other back in the day :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

The full backs must come off, absolute ****. Cunningham and Foley on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Fair play to staunton . . Sky trying to drag up the henry cheating incident in relation to the offside goal and he didnt get into it . .

I know he can sound annoying (Argies!) and was a dissapointing manager, but he was a superb servant for Ireland. Not sure why he gets such a hard time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Well, iphone or big TV?? It's handy but you need to be close up to watch it. I'd give it a test run first before cancelling. It's good though as you can cancel right to the end of your subscription month. Nothing blocked so far, but I only subscribed over the summer. Will be interesting to see how it works on Sunday when Arsenal - Liverpool are on, wonder if sky will be able to handle the bandwidth. The picture quality has been very good so far for the Ireland game.

Jailbreak your iPhone and install a piece of freeware that will allow 3rd party cables to be used on your device.
    Buy a cable that will allow your phone to be tethered to your TV , and vola you got the game/ SKY Sports on your big TV.

There was a thread on this specific setup over at the "apple media devices" on boards.ie

Apoligise for off thread .

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    You'll never hear me complain too much! I used to watch the premiership highlight show on rte with a tv aerial in 1 hand and a beer in the other back in the day :pac:.

Mad the way JSC are getting the Sky Sports feed with idents but RTE commentary??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Diego Milito coming on 'danger here'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

whats the score at the moment lads?
    plus any links of somewhere online streaming it?

Decent start for Ireland in the second half here.

Great work by Keane to get the ball across like he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mad the way JSC are getting the Sky Sports feed with idents but RTE commentary??

No idea why RTE are even broadcasting theirs.
    I'm happy though. The Sky commentator is annoying. Someone tell him how to pronounce Fahey, please?!

Better stuff

RATM wrote: »
    whats the score at the moment lads?
    plus any links of somewhere online streaming it?

1-0 Argentina 48min 2nd Half

Kilbane. :rolleyes:

Has Messi really been that good tonight?

It'd be nice to get a shot on target at least, get the crowd up.

Lol, cleared out.

Fesity stuff. Hope it continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Andy Keeeee-Oh.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

A few changes would be nice.

Advertisement