Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney

Options
  • 27-07-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Right so I just arrived here last night, I'm staying in the castleross.

I remember reading a while back about some lake monster, where abouts is this lake wouldnt mind having an oul fish.

If there is anything else that is quite spookey around here then please let me know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Heya....

Ruth here ( Killarney Paranormal Society ) you have:

Muckross Abbey ~ Which we have investigated several times..and never seems to let us down. Thats about 3 miles out the Muckross Road, Across from Molly Darcy's, you'll see a car park. Walk through the gates and down the road through the park, and you'll arrive at the Abbey... but it's summer holidays now so be very careful of teens etc that would hang out around there.

Ballymalis Castle ~ Out the Killorglin Road.

The "Lake Monster" I think was "seen" on Upper Lough Leane. Which would be near enough to Ross Castle ( I can be corrected on that one!!! )

Ross Castle ~ They won't let you in a night,however they do great day tours!

The original Killarney Ghost Tour ~ Is a tour bus, all modified for ghostly goings on, and travels around Killarney at night, for a 2 hour tour, Iv never been on one of the tours, however, I believe they use a multimedia company to make ghostly effects while on the tour.

If we can be of any help during your stay, feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

well thank you for your response.Quite a few of them have interested me

Think I'm going to venture into the park tonight.Lat time some weird things happened so i shall see if I get lucky tonight.

Enjoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

went to killarney park last night.Very very strange place, really creeped me out.Going again tonight

It is a freaky place at night! Just be careful!!! lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I will be there tomorrow actually , staying for the weekend. The lakes are fantastic. They are said to be home to very large eels alright. Visit Ross castle there too, its a nice castle .

Ross Castle is fantastic...the tour they do is brilliant! Really love it.

If you get a chance head to Muckross Abbey... day or night it amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kwal

Hi Ruth,
    I've read a few posts by you re Killarney.
    I reckon I saw something a few weeks back when I was in muckross abbey. I was standing at one corner of the cloister and looked to my right to the other corner and saw what looked like someone in black walking forwards (I just saw what looked like the persons back) behind the pillar. I walked forwards To look across the cloister to see if someone was actually there but there was nobody. I heard stuff like shuffling too. I thought it was some tourists who were there at the same time but they were still upstairs. I thought nothing of it really and laughed it off to my boyfriend, ibut it wasn't til we walked around a bit further and he showed me the "dark room" (i think) and I realised that it was outside here that I saw the figure. This still didn't freak me, and I even walked right into the dark room while my bf wouldn't go in, but it wasn't til I told a friend later on that she started to get me really freaked.
    Now I admit it could have been a trick of the eye and id usually be very sceptical, but just the fact that the figure or whatever it was seemed to be coming from the direction of the dark room, and that being the most haunted part(or so I'm told) Im thinking it could actually be something.
    I'm just wondering what you would think of this?

Hi Kwal,

Thank you for the reply.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if you did 'See something' in Muckross Abbey, we as a team and as individuals have seen plenty there ourselves.

For us it has been quite an active location, and the Cloister area has been very active re: Noises, Shuffling, Voices and people ' sighting ' people. People have also been known to report seeing a black dog in the Cloister area. However, neither myself or any of our team members have ' seen ' this.

It is a fantastic location that we enjoy investigating :)

Advertisement