Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA if partner works full time??

• 27-07-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

HI, I live with my boyfriend who just found out his Job seekers benefit is about to run out. I work full-time so will he be entitled to job seekers allowance? I have two children to support who aren't his so will my wages still affect his claim?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

mmmbop wrote: »
    HI, I live with my boyfriend who just found out his Job seekers benefit is about to run out. I work full-time so will he be entitled to job seekers allowance? I have two children to support who aren't his so will my wages still affect his claim?

Yes you wages will affect his claim, it really all depends how much you are earning if its a good wage he will get very little when he is means tested, it wont matter that the kids are not his the system is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mmmbop

Im not on big bucks by any means, bout 480 a week before tax, does anyone know roughly how much he will get with me earning that? god its a joke!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

It should be seen as a family unit I presume - He'll get his personal rate (196.00), a Qualified Adult rate (€130.10) and 2 Child Dependant rates (2 x €29.80)

All the above will then be assessed against your earnings which if is as you say 480 Gross will entitle him to some amount.

Savings and property (2nd home) may be assessed also.

Advertisement