Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Jobs

Options
  • 27-07-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hey everyone
    i was in dublin in college last year and i had a part time job at the weekends home in monaghan that kept me ticking over for the likes of nights out etc while in college
    now i am moving to galway and i will need a job part time as i will not be able to travel every week to and from monaghan to galway.
    i have had a brief look arund galway asking for jobs but havnt been sucessful yet....is there anywere pple here tink would be taking on staff at the end of the summer ? or any hints at all
    ive even asked in the 24 hour tescos and it says its laying off staff things are that bad...i even offered to do the 1 - 6 am shift with no joy haha

thanks people i advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

What you need to do is:
    1. Get your CV looking as best as it can be, keep it to a page and keep it short.
    2. Go to Galway around the second week of August. This is when they will be losing summer staff (usually leaving certs, uni students etc) and starting to look for new staff.
    3. Take a day to look around, find out who is hiring and who is thinking of hiring.
    4. Tailor your cv to each and hand them in.

This sounds like a lot of work, but these days its still a pretty good way to get a job.

I did this last year. The results were 5 interviews, 3 job offers. So it does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Smyths will be taking on night packers in Sept/Oct if thats not too long to wait. It will only be until Xmas Eve though.

Get your CV in now I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Most Topaz garages hire don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

ill be living in corrib next year aswell so just to let you know my operating base ha?...but ill have a bike aswell so ill be able to travel (reasonably) far

Advertisement