Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Movie Maker Crashes

Options
  • 27-07-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there

There is a girl here in UL that was using WMM. Unfortunately the program crashed before she was able to save the stuff (videos?) on it. All the other windows are closed.

Any suggestions what she can do? She wants to save the work.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there

There is a girl here in UL that was using WMM. Unfortunately the program crashed before she was able to save the stuff (videos?) on it. All the other windows are closed.

Any suggestions what she can do? She wants to save the work.

Thanks

I'd say she's sunk. Microsoft's Office products have an autosave function that automatically saves a draft of ongoing work from time to time. If the application crashes, the next time its started it offers to reload your work from its last save point. I don't know if WMM has this facility (I wouldn't have thought so). Best thing to do is to fire up the application and see if it offers to reload lost work.
    Otherwise, chalk it up to experience and start again (pressing the save button every 10 minutes).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hi there thanks for the reply.

I briefly met her just 10 minutes ago. She said she lost her work. She wasn't too concerned. The course she was teaching to international students in media is finished today.

Advertisement