Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving back to perth???

Options
  • 27-07-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

hi all, now before i ask for advice, i would appriciate nobody getting on the moral highhorse and telling me all the wrong i done, if anybody could give me some advice, great... its not a moral bashing i came here for, thank you!

i spent 2.5 years in oz, arriving in 06, io worked as a chippie for most of my time and was always legal, never overstaying visas or the like. I nver got into trouble with the law either. the one thing i did not do was pay much tax, as i worked ABN, my time came to an end, and i headed home.

almost 2 years later in ireland, i still find myself wanting to go back and live there for good, so i plan to go back around december time.

the help i require is if i go for resedency will my tax status affect my attempt, now i dont mind paying back what i owe, thats of course only fair, but i wonder could i pay it back in repayments???

Also the option of going back most likely would be a holiday visa, and look for a job offering sponsor ship when i am there, is this my best option???

for the people who work in "suit" jobs who may not know, sending CVs from here for trade work is not really the way its done i have found in the past, the phone and word of mouth have been the ways i got jobs there in the past.

i have a commonwealth account but have long lost the card acc number etc, and no funds passed through it in 2 years, will it be a hard job to reaccitivate it???

thanking you in advance for any advice offered,
    Augustus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

How much money do you owe? It might not be as big a problem as you might think.

There is question 71 in the GSM application Form, question 73 of the ENS application form and question 30 of the 457 application form.

• have any outstanding debts to the
    Australian Government or any public
    authority in Australia?

I would be contacting a migration agent, I know one in Sydney who helped a mate of mine who had overstayed his WHV by 6 years go straight and he got PR. PM me for the details.

Going on a holiday visa looking for sponsorship would be hard enough, plenty of people here working 1 or 2 years on a WHV and not had any success.

Even if you did go on a holiday visa and get sponsorship how would you answer Q30.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i have a commonwealth account but have long lost the card acc number etc, and no funds passed through it in 2 years, will it be a hard job to reaccitivate it???

You won't be able to use it as accounts with no activity for six months or so are automatically closed.

Just open a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

but if i go on a hol visa i could not open a bank account could i??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

but if i go on a hol visa i could not open a bank account could i??

Dont worry about a bank account, once you get residency thats a piece of piss. You dont require a bank account on a holiday Visa

Mandrakes advice is the best you will get. However getting PR as a Chippie will not get you here working by december more like dec 2011 all moving well.

Getting sponsored is quicker but you need to find someone in such dire need of a chippie they will sponsor you. First thing I would do is pull up all the contacts you made in perth and see how things are work wise.

The Tax thing I dont know how that will affect you. You may be in trouble as the one thing Australia needs is contributers and you may be flagged as someone who does not.

Like Mandrake said you should use a proffesional. I would PM you mine but he was a Nazi, got me in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Oh and from what I gather if you are going for a 457 I dont think you can apply onshore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Oh and from what I gather if you are going for a 457 I dont think you can apply onshore.

457 can be onshore or offshore.

Although going from a tourist visa I am not sure... have not met anyone yet who had successfully done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

mandrake04 wrote: »
    457 can be onshore or offshore.

Although going from a tourist visa I am not sure... have not met anyone yet who had successfully done that.

Just met somebody last weekend who went the tourist to 457 visa route as it happens (first person I'd met who'd gone that route successfully) and they got it all processed onshore!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nzae86

Traq wrote: »
    Just met somebody last weekend who went the tourist to 457 visa route as it happens (first person I'd met who'd gone that route successfully) and they got it all processed onshore!

i had a 417 working holiday, left at the end of the 12 months came back 1 week later on an eta tourist visa appiled for a 457 on thatgot approved subsequenetly applied for a another 457 whilst on that 457 got approved, 175 got approved after that and citizenship after that. its no problem applying for a 457 visa on a eta tourist visa. you can also open an account on a eta tourist visa if you wish.

Advertisement