Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats wrong with my DVDR writer?

• 27-07-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've started having issues with my ~3yr old TSSCorp DVD writer drive.

I'm getting the following error now during writes and erasing. (See pic also)
    (devUnitCommunicationCRCError) Could not write to Disc (LBA: 163232 Length: 32).
    Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ultra-dma/32) - 0x040803

I went to the device manager and removed the drive from the list and rebooted. I still got the same error. I was thinking of reinstalling drivers but I didn't install any to begin with. The drive just worked when I built my computer.

Things to note:
    • I read that this error could be caused due to loose cables etc.. The computer hasn't really been moved but i'll check it anyway.
    • When I googled I came across solutions that mentioned IDE channels etc. This is a SATA drive.
    • I started getting this error in Nero and then moved to CDBurnerXP to see if it was Nero. I got the error on both programs.

I'm all out on this one.. Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated..

I'm gonig to try a Windows system restore now and see what happens.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What about the media... Have you tried a number of different types of DVDs.. I used to find that some were just incompatible with my CD drive..

If not that I would think that the drive is failing.. you could install it in to another PC to see if it displays the same characteristics..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

What about the media... Have you tried a number of different types of DVDs..

I knew there was another note item. I tried different media and same problem.

In a last ditch attempt to resolve the problem I opened up the case and checked the cabling.

All is good so far. Have been able to erase and write using CDBurnerXP, althought the disc didn't work in TV DVD player.

I'm just erasing now on Nero and will re burn with that.. I think we're all good though.

Thanks.

Advertisement