Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Mechanics

• 27-07-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Sorry to bother you but I was just wondering if you could recommend any decent bicycle mechanics in the Dublin area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Without even looking at that link I presume it's the one and only Mr. Skeffington? There should be a statue of him at this stage.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

AstraMonti wrote: »

That's great.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

There should be a statue of him at this stage.;)

There's lot of dynamic interactive modern art on the road thanks to the man.

That should be enough ;)

DFD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

AstraMonti wrote: »

Jeez, this guy gets a lot of love on here.

He must be good:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭torturedsoul

any recommendations on good DIY Bike Maintenance books?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Guy Andrews' Road_Bike_Maintenance is the one I have, find it excellent. Seemingly the Park Tools one is supposed to be good also. Although I don't have this one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I find The Bike Book: Complete bicycle maintenance (pub. Haynes) very good. Covers a lot of different bikes and technologies in useful detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have and like Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance.

The Park stuff is good but mostly available free on their website (obviously can be handy in a book.) techdocs.shimano.com is also excellent if installing Shimano parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I quite like "Boards Bikes, The Good, The Bad & The Euro" by G Skeffington (pub. FourTen)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I wouldn't bother spending dough on books when these are around: 1, 2, 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭torturedsoul

Nice one for the websites and books... Time to get greased up:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

fatbhoy wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother spending dough on books when these are around: 1, 2, 3.

I have the Park Tool book. Somewhere. It's quicker to look online than find the book. Maybe I should find it and sell it.

Advertisement