Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight.ie Announcement

• 27-07-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey All

As of today i will be obtaining control of www.fight.ie. With the ever growing success of Cage Contender John Ferguson feels it would be in the best interest of the website and promotion to take a back seat and give myself full control of all editorial content etc so that fight.ie remains a quality website with quality content as i have more time to dedicate to it.

In the coming weeks i will be making a few changes and have also lined up some interesting interviews & articles that I'm sure you'll all enjoy so keep an eye out...

If anyone has any suggestions to what they would like to see on the website also feel free to let me know.

Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    Hey All

As of today i will be obtaining control of www.fight.ie. With the ever growing success of Cage Contender John Ferguson feels it would be in the best interest of the website and promotion to take a back seat and give myself full control of all editorial content etc so that fight.ie remains a quality website with quality content as i have more time to dedicate to it.

In the coming weeks i will be making a few changes and have also lined up some interesting interviews & articles that I'm sure you'll all enjoy so keep an eye out...

If anyone has any suggestions to what they would like to see on the website also feel free to let me know.

Tommy

Best of luck Tommy, Can't wait to see the new changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Best of luck Tommy - one suggestion, change the God awful colours :(

Maybe there's the option to change but the pink, or grey on the black background is a killer on the 'ol mince eyes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    Hey All

John Ferguson feels it would be in the best interest of the website and promotion to take a back seat and give myself full control of all editorial content etc so that fight.ie remains a quality website with quality content as i have more time to dedicate to it.

I also wanted to stick to the original idea behind www.fight.ie . To be an independant site for the whole Irish MMA community to benifit from. With this in mind (and the fact of who is and who is not now hooked up with my companies has become a hot topic for the gossip mongers :D) I thought it would be better to hand over the day to day running to new Editor in Chief Tommy Lakes. Can i take this chance to publicly welcome Tommy to the company. His main task will be to reinstall www.fight.ie as the #1 website for Irish MMA (It is true that we have been over taken by the great efforts of www.mmaireland.org but were coming to get u Gary :D lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

mmaireland interviewed me once..........Im the only one that saw it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

weemate wrote: »
    mmaireland interviewed me once..........Im the only one that saw it

lol.... Just check Peter, you Interview on www.fight.ie got 738 views (and maybe a sponsorship from TOMTOM sat nav on the way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

you see that..mmaireland.............thats how to treat a celebrity!!! thats all im sayin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Good luck with it Tommy. Looking forward to some unbiased editorial content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MMAIRELAND.ORG

Great to hear it guys competition makes everyone up their game and that means that everyone else benefits.

Have a couple of things up my sleeve for the near future that will hopefully entertain the masses and to kick it off we have a big interview this week :D (and no its not Mr Lavery, although I did find his interview interesting even if me and him were the only two people to read it :P)

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Good stuff :) thanks lads, cant wait to get stuck in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Good luck with it Tommy. The sites pretty good, only have a minor gripe or two with it-

1 The rankings could do with being kept more up to date (or are they up to date?)

2 The colours are pretty ropey...the pinkyness is a real killer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 13bmoe

The very best of luck Tommy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Best of luck with it Tommy:) I know you will do a great job;)

Urs
    x

JF - glad your rid of the links ;)

Advertisement