Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roche extends Ag2r contract (linked with Sky)

• 27-07-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

here's the story

i didnt know he was linked with sky (not that i would mind),

the correct decision?

surely he must have gotten a few extra bob to stay with Ag2r, but wouldnt his career have advanced light years with the likes of sky

besides the obvious racing end of things, his marketability would have went through the roof

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

here's the story

i didnt know he was linked with sky (not that i would mind),

the correct decision?

surely he must have gotten a few extra bob to stay with Ag2r, but wouldnt his career have advanced light years with the likes of sky

besides the obvious racing end of things, his marketability would have went through the roof

AG2R had him as team leader in the TdF, he'd be waiting a while for that to happen at Sky while Twiggo is there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

AG2R had him as team leader in the TdF, he'd be waiting a while for that to happen at Sky while Twiggo is there.

and the rest of British cyclists stopped cycling professionally. Actually he'd probably end up with the same fate as wiggans...overhyped crumbling pressure...money isnt everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

right choice to stay put imo. would not get the same treatment with sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It's a good place for him to stay -he had a great tour this year, and it'll just cement his place as team leader, and the loyalty he's shown will help him too no doubt. I think he's better off staying as a leader with AG2R than being a domestique with Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

yep twiggo and thomas. +1 on what tiny says also, much better to be a team leader at this stage of his career.

well deserved contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Good news for Roche, just sack that pr**k Gadret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

jdt101 wrote: »
    Good news for Roche, just sack that pr**k Gadret.
    unlikely though from nics diary
    After the stage, I reminded Vincent that Gadret was on the team for another two years, and that I hoped he never asked me for anything again, because I would not forget today for a long time. Gadret finished three minutes ahead of me and now lies just two places and two minutes behind me. He is the first French rider overall. Maybe he wants to be the first Ag2r rider too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Too slow chicken marengo, too slow for this cat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

what makes Sky better than ag2r?

Anglophones can read all their theories on marginal differences in Cycling Weekly? :rolleyes:

Advertisement