Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone been approved for BTEA yet?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Rent Allowance goes to the post office?? I was approved for it early September, and it said i'd receive the cheque in the post end of September.

Also haven't received BTEA, but only sent in approval letter on wed or thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

I got switched to the btea without any letter or notification, thought it was strange! Also applied to have the reg fees paid for but made a schoolboy error and paid the fees out of my own pocket assuming I'd be reimbursed. Having read through the thread it seems this isn't the way the grant scheme works, is there anyway I can get the €1650 I paid back if I'm eligible to have them paid? Getting the cold sweats here...

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

IT-Guy, If you paid the reg fees yourself, when the grant goes through they pay it to the college and then the college will reimburse you.

It's common and you'll get it back.
    The local authority folks won't pay it to you though it has to go to the college so since they've been paid twice it's up to them to refund you the amount of the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Just checked my bank account there. I received my 500 cost of education allowance yesterday along with this weeks payment. Just in time too. Have to buy a couple of text books tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just had a call sayin im being cut off BTEA, because i did a carpentry apprenticeship and thats a level 6 qualification, been out of work for over 2 years so I applied to do an I.T course which is level 5 so im being cut because I already hold a level 6 quaification despite the fact its in no way related to my course :mad::mad: If I had just stayed on the dole I would still be getting my 196 a week :mad: They wait until im 5 weeks into my course to tell me im cut, this country is a complete joke :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

wow... they cut you off just like that? Do they not even give u the option of dropping out of the course?
    Thats really harsh. There was war on the radio this morning over this. They encourage people to get back into education yet give them no support when they do. DO you think you could find some part time work so that you could keep going with the course? Seems horrible to be forced into dropping out now that you're into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

felic wrote: »
    wow... they cut you off just like that? Do they not even give u the option of dropping out of the course?
    Thats really harsh. There was war on the radio this morning over this. They encourage people to get back into education yet give them no support when they do. DO you think you could find some part time work so that you could keep going with the course? Seems horrible to be forced into dropping out now that you're into it.

Yea the guy from my local welfare office rang yesterday to say its almost certain that you will be cut off, he said I can appeal and I have to state my case like I havent a hope in getting a job in my qualified field and this course wil give me a better chance etc , he didnt mention anything about dropping thats the last thing I want to do, I'll try keep going with the course regardless anyway even if I have to get part time work

Advertisement