Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytrip near Auckland

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Thinking about going for a daytrip not too far away from Auckland.

Whats the area north of Auckland thats not the Coromandel like?

Is it work a look? Whats to do up there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Nope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Waiheke Island is supposed to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Yes, Waiheke Island is excellent. I went there for a day and did the wine tour. Very enjoyable and the beaches are meant to be really nice.

You prolly wouldn't get up to the really nice places in the north in a day, but if you have more time, scuba diving at Poor Knight's Island was in that dude, Jacque Cusow, or however you spell it, his top 10 scuba diving spots in the world, and he like invented water or something. I did, and although I'm not very experienced, I thought it was amazing, far better than The Great Barrier Reef.

Pahia and Russel are nice, and Waitangi is also up there. Over the other side you Ahipara where there's a nice BBH hostel and quad biking on 90 mile beach. Maybe all these are too far for you though, so I should shut up now.

Or west of Auckland, past the Coromandel is White Island. Definitely one of the highlights of NZ, with Poor Knight's Island in my opinion. But Waiheke Island is prolly your best bet if you only have a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Fukking. Legend.

Thanks v much, will have to get to checking out all those places. Great post.

Advertisement