Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awesome sauce much?

• 27-07-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Game is fantastic. Great job Blizz. BTW anyone else get their butt kicked on the Zero hour mission? Ws it meant to happen like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Game is fantastic. Great job Blizz. BTW anyone else get their butt kicked on the Zero hour mission? Ws it meant to happen like that?

I was playing on hard, and I thought that mission was pretty easy tbh.Fun mission, but from about 10 minutes to go on, I started attacking their bases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

at normal mode,no problem so far(passed the Zero hour and just got the 2nd artifact). probably should go hard mode :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

They are initially easy but get much harder. I'm loving this game. Best game I've bought in a while.

BTW, imo Zero Hour seemed homage to this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the first 7-8 missions are supposed to recap SC1.good fun indeed fo far.

also,since when kerrigan became such a hottie :pac: (i mean,she is hot,but not this anime hot)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Just must be me being rubbish lol! Cool things so far:

-Suspicious minds on juke box
    -Sweet home alabama
    -funny news reporterr guy
    -the pole dancer on top level of hyperion in cantyina does the night elf dance from wow :)

-fire bats
    -fire bats

-fire bats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i think the developers were watching too much Firefly when making this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

My body wasn't ready for Vultures on the nice and smooth SC2 engine. Really, really enjoying the single player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

its good but not worth the 60quid i paid for it, seriously regretting that, considering i could have gotten the collectors edition for a tenner more :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Skerries wrote: »
    i think the developers were watching too much Firefly when making this :D

I was thinking the exact same thing when I turned it on, the opening music I heard sounded exactly like one of the Firefly songs, probably wasn't the same though.

So WITHOUT any spoilers. What levels did we all get to last night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm only 5 levels in. Just enjoying the story, and clicking everything on the ship multiple times. That, and playing the arcade game.

On another note, does it effect the plot if you chose one mission over another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I haven't played the single player yet, but I easily lost a few hours yesterday on multiplayer. It's like a time machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Kiith wrote: »
    On another note, does it effect the plot if you chose one mission over another?

I think it does, but the choices are made clearer by telling you the rewards and consequences, such as with the spectre/ghost mission.

Think i'm on mission 9 or 10, not sure. But the new hardware i got was ghosts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Think im about 7 or 8 missions in, actually i have no idea im just enjoying it quite a lot.

Playing on normal like a pussy which makes the missions ridiculously easy but it means i dont have to replay any of them now before i go back for achs on hard.

Mining LAZARPEWPEW has been a personal favorite so far.
    I agree that the news reports are great, and the cover versions in the jukebox rock my world :)

Dunno if anyone has tried Challenges but theyre a brilliant introduction to the notion of units countering other units, HEGA Pros will sweep through them but theyre great for newer players to the game.

Havent done my placement games yet, might leave that till im done with sp.

Anyone Else Paranoid that if you spend to long on the SP that everyone else is getting too elite at the MP?:)

Anyone Else Paranoid that if you spend to long on the SP that everyone else is getting too elite at the MP?:)

Nope, cause i can't play MP with my crap skillz and crap gfx card, prob get playin mp next week.

Nah.

I'll still be in copper league with the scrubs :D

I think SP will give me bad habits if I was playing as Terran e.g. forgetting to research simpack or concussion missile as I have them already trained in SP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Back from Italy on Saturday and I'm heading straight to HMV on my way home to pick up a copy, hopefully they aren't sold out :pac:. I have been playing the beta and I would like to think that I have gained some skill/understanding of the game in terms of multiplayer(I didn't play the first one). However I still think I will be chilling in the Bronze league with my fellow scrubs :cool:

Reading all of your posts is making me so jealous, I would buy a copy here but this laptop couldn't handle the game. Can't wait to get this game and install it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I wussed it a normal :p plenty of time to go back and replay later.

Tried it on Brutal a few times and yeah its a damn trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I'm 13 missions through it on brutal so far, lovin' the story.

• Advertisement

Rofl, in the lava mission on Char with the hero class units.
    Some marines were getting attacked by an omegalisk, when the barrier breaks he says "Game over man, Game Over!" like in Aliens, lol.

And when you kill the queen at the end, the nerd says "she's dead jim" Rofl! :) love the humour.

Edit/ My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Xios wrote: »
    And when you kill the queen at the end, the nerd says "she's dead jim" Rofl! :) love the humour.

spoilers ffs!! :mad:

Jesus Christ buddy!!! Thanks you just ruined the game on me. So depresssed now....

Mods can we black out the spoiler please before the enitre board falls into a state of depression. I am glad I bandwagon jumped and was not waiting for the game for 10 years after the above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Jesus Christ buddy!!! Thanks you just ruined the game on me. So depresssed now....

Mods can we black out the spoiler please before the enitre board falls into a state of depression. I am glad I bandwagon jumped and was not waiting for the game for 10 years after the above post.

I think he's spoiling an individual mission - not the entire game.

Still, a fair cop: Don't post spoilers

Might be best to have all the mission related posts in a single thread about campaign and have a spoiler rule.

My bad guys, it's only on a single mission, and the event is pretty insignificant. Doesnt' affect the plot or story at all.
    The queen was just a normal unit, not kerrigan.

Advertisement