Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro Pig - Wanted

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hiya,

We really want to get a mirco pig, just wondering if anyone knows where I can get one in Ireland?

I have heard rumors there may micro pigs in Dun Laoghaire for sale - any ideas or info on that please lettuce know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd imagine this thread is in the premodded area because of replies such as this. ;)

OP, there is no such "breed" as a micropig. Much like "miniture" yorkies etc it is a name given to the result of breeding small pigs with small pigs to produce a smaller and often unhealthy animal. Inbreeding is common too.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/peterwedderburn/100016254/micro-pigs-are-maxi-disaster/

Also, unless you don't eat pork anyway, imagine how guilty you'd feel eating a rasher sambo! :p

They are incredibly cute and I'd love a pet pig. I'd imagine pigs make great pets, they are so intelligent and apparently clean too.

Irresponsible celebs have a lot to answer for. With the likes of Paris Hilton and the Beckams gettign these for pets it was only a matter of time until people started looking for them.

Advertisement