Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantastical Galway City Transport

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys,

Starting work out in the Ballybrit Ind Estate next week and having worked out that side before I have some knowledge of the buses going out there. But my shift starts at 7.30am and the first No.3 bus I used to get from eyre square only leaves at 7.30. Does anyone know if there are any early buses out that side or that will even get me close?

Thanks for ye're help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Maybe have a look here
    Just noticed the 9 goes at 7am from Eyre Sq, http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202230005-Galway9.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sirius11

Thanks for that! Had a look on there before alright but the HP and Medtronic buses seem like the only options but the timetables are tiny and unreadable!! Might just give bus eireann a buzz tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

sirius11 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Had a look on there before alright but the HP and Medtronic buses seem like the only options but the timetables are tiny and unreadable!! Might just give bus eireann a buzz tomorrow!

just change the zoom to 80%!

TillyGirl wrote: »
    just change the zoom to 80%!

Its a .jpg!! Just goes all pixelly!!

Is pixelly a word?! :p

• Advertisement

It is now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

pixelated

Sorry I am no help. Dont even know what jpeg you are on about I just seen the pdf one that you can zooooom!

Sorry I am no help. Dont even know what jpeg you are on about I just seen the pdf one that you can zooooom!

It's this yoke: http://lh4.ggpht.com/_P-ocLrBRcX0/SnBxsXlK_UI/AAAAAAAAAEU/0reeHY7ma1U/s128/RIMG0014.JPG

Thanks anyway though!

You're right it does go all pixelly! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sorry, that's my fault. I've been meaning to fix those pix for ages.

OP, according to the timetable there is a bus for Ballybrit estate that leaves Seacrest at 7:10am. I think you'd be pushing it to get there for 7:30am though.

The Parkmore bus is kinda useless for Ballybrit estate ... 'tis a good 15 minute walk from the Clayton back down to the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Share a hackney = 15 yo yo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Share a hackney = 15 yo yo

assuming he has someone to share with. Even still = €7.50 per day one way + €1.60 on the way back on the bus, so that's €9.10 a day times 28 = €254 a month. Bit harsh.

Seaneh wrote: »
    assuming She has someone to share with. Even still = €7.50 per day one way + €1.60 on the way back on the bus, so that's €9.10 a day times 28 = €254 a month. Bit harsh.

Ya I don't fancy payin that much for transport! Think ill just have to buy myself a good pair of walkin shoes for now!! When it starts gettin dark again tho it might be a bit dodgy!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

images4.php

It's bad enough tryin to cross the road at that mental roundabout in Ballybrit not to mind cycle round it on a bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Tbh it's a lot easier on a bike!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

sirius11 wrote: »
    Ya I don't fancy payin that much for transport! Think ill just have to buy myself a good pair of walkin shoes for now!! When it starts gettin dark again tho it might be a bit dodgy!!

Go into your boss and ask about the bike to work scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

fyi, the lo-res timetables have been replaced with some better ones

OP, I know a (very fit) woman who reckoned she walked from the city-centre to HP in Ballybrit in 40-50 minutes. Granted it's pretty cold (and sometimes icy/snowy) in winter - you might spring for taxis on those days. Or maybe you can negotiate about the shift starting a bit later, or pick up a ride with a colleague.

Good luck.

Advertisement