Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going out on a wednesday night in cork city...

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

good envening folks,

im traveling up to cork tomorrow night to go out. i was just wondering if the bars and clubs will be busy on a wednesday night, as in waterford. there is nobody out during the week in the summer and not many clubs are open.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

I was in havanas last week. Was busy enough but not mental. Got busy after one so best bet is go down to riordans first.

The Brog and freakscene are always busy but are not my think. Theyre more the rock style stuff and the Brog should be shut down for the smell in the place.

rebelccfc wrote: »
    Brog should be shut down for the smell in the place.

:D

some boardsies won't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Wednesday, no not really busy, I hope not anyway, I'm working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Pope Benedict

I was in havanas last week. Was busy enough but not mental. Got busy after one so best bet is go down to riordans first.

The Brog and freakscene are always busy but are not my think. Theyre more the rock style stuff and the Brog should be shut down for the smell in the place.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Crane Lane is busy pretty much every night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

the Brog should be shut down for the smell in the place.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Was in the Crane Lane and the Brog last night.
    The smell in the Brog has kindof gone... Maybe they gave the place a good scrub or something.
    Had a great time. Town was packed!

Where's good on a Sunday actually? Same thing really? Haven't been out on a Sunday in Cork for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

is it this sunday you're heading out?
    Town should be busy enough, bank holiday an all that.

I like door 51, haven't been in since the Brazil games in the world cup though

is it this sunday you're heading out?
    Town should be busy enough, bank holiday an all that.

Completely forgot about the Bank Holiday! Crane Lane will be jammed so... Flip. Where's Door 51?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know which late bars have decent beers in them? I know the Pav and Crane Lane have some of the Franciscan Well's stuff, but anyone know anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wait, so the busier places are the better places?

Kold wrote: »
    Wait, so the busier places are the better places?

Depends what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

I come down to Cork every 2 months or so. I find when I go out that the place has an awful dead vibe to it. Way too many scobes flying around and not enough of the decent folk. It saddens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Gaudizeit wrote: »
    I come down to Cork every 2 months or so. I find when I go out that the place has an awful dead vibe to it. Way too many scobes flying around and not enough of the decent folk. It saddens me.

Where is it that you go?

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Where is it that you go?

this will pain me to say it, but on my last trip, I went to an brog, reardans, and the classic. I don't like many places in Cork. The crowds are all the same. On a saturday night, I don't want old man pubs.

Club wise, Cork is a disaster.

I mentioned the scobes as I was seeing them on the street, not necessarily in the establishments.

this will pain me to say it, but on my last trip, I went to an brog, reardans, and the classic.

Well there you go then.
    I don't like many places in Cork. The crowds are all the same. On a saturday night, I don't want old man pubs.

What kind of place do you like? Maybe there are places you don't know about, and we can point you in the right direction.

dapto1 wrote: »
    Well there you go then.

What kind of place do you like? Maybe there are places you don't know about, and we can point you in the right direction.

im from cork. I know it. It's poor. But please, feel free to throw some suggestions my way.

Best place to describe what I like is the baggot inn in Dublin. Clubby/pub feel to it. I just enjoy chatting to randomers really

I mentioned the scobes as I was seeing them on the street, not necessarily in the establishments.

If you think there are lots of scobes on Cork streets at night you must have led an awfully sheltered life tbh. Olly Plunk with the beggers and junkies is fairly bad but still it's not a patch on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jenggg

Cork's nightclub/late bar scene needs a serious overhaul. There is a serious lack of decent places. The Bodega was playing house music all night last night (Sat night) as was the new place Society and the Classic is quite young. Crane Lane has improved on a Saturday night but Reardens/Havanas STILL is the only place with chart music and a lively crowd. But I am over that place years ago. Why can't someone open somewhere to rival Reardens?? It drives me nuts! Great pubs in Cork but lacking a good club scene imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mini5476

dapto1 wrote: »
    Completely forgot about the Bank Holiday! Crane Lane will be jammed so... Flip. Where's Door 51?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know which late bars have decent beers in them? I know the Pav and Crane Lane have some of the Franciscan Well's stuff, but anyone know anywhere else?

The Quad has Rebel Red and Paulaner as well as a good selection of bottles.

If the Brog should be closed down for anything its for the slop they serve as draught beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 tong po

jenggg wrote: »
    Cork's nightclub/late bar scene needs a serious overhaul. There is a serious lack of decent places. The Bodega was playing house music all night last night (Sat night) as was the new place Society and the Classic is quite young. Crane Lane has improved on a Saturday night but Reardens/Havanas STILL is the only place with chart music and a lively crowd. But I am over that place years ago. Why can't someone open somewhere to rival Reardens?? It drives me nuts! Great pubs in Cork but lacking a good club scene imo.

the bodega plays deep& sexy house between 9 and 11 every friday and sat night with d.j. billy mc g. from 11 on its fadd jnr, on fri and Se~k on sat.
    it ALWAYS plays a mix of chart & classics from 11 till 2.
    to say all it played{on sat night} was house, is simply not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jenggg

tong po wrote: »
    the bodega plays deep& sexy house between 9 and 11 every friday and sat night with d.j. billy mc g. from 11 on its fadd jnr, on fri and Se~k on sat.
    it ALWAYS plays a mix of chart & classics from 11 till 2.
    to say all it played{on sat night} was house, is simply not true.

Not what I was told by two sets of different groups last Saturday night. Just saying.

jenggg wrote: »
    Not what I was told by two sets of different groups last Saturday night. Just saying.

Your sources are poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

mini5476 wrote: »
    The Quad has Rebel Red and Paulaner as well as a good selection of bottles.

If the Brog should be closed down for anything its for the slop they serve as draught beer.

I hate the quad, sh!t pints (poured like they're lobbing porridge into an old WW2 helmet) the place smells and it's overpriced. Same goes for the slate [no smell though, just didn't like the pints (stout was fine though o.0) and a sh!t pub (sardine tin when busy)].

The Bodega was like a sardine tin on the one Saturday night I was there. Every late venue in the city gets a bit overcrowded, has anyone been to the Crane Lane on a night where you literally can't fit in the door? Cork doesn't have an actual club as far as I'm concerned. Chart music is not club music and I think house music belongs in the long island or a similar place, not a club, that's my opinion, not a fact.

Advertisement