Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old piercing is SORE

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Really killing me!!

I have my nose pierced about 2 years and I've never had a bit of trouble with it, but over the last few days, it's been feeling a bit tender. Now today and especially tonight it's really throbbing.

It's red around the hole and it seems like the hole is very slightly more pronounced around the top than it was, almost as if I stretched it a tiny bit. The inside of my nose feels swollen but the outside seems not to be. I don't know if it's a reaction to a new face cream I've started using or if I hit it off somthing without realising at the time.

I have a ring in which I can't remove myself (although I think you're not supposed to?) and I can move it backward & forward if you know what I mean, but I can't turn it without pain.

I've soaked both sides with salt water as hot as I could comfortably use (after boiling to remove germs). Now I have, on both sides, savalon cream.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend what to do next.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i don't know that the savlon cream will do much but just try to keep it clean..
    every now and again a random one of my ear piercings will get sore for a couple of days...

just keep an eye that the redness doesn't spread and that you don't develop a temperature, in which cases you will need to see a GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sometimes my conch just gets really sore after having it for 3 years. What I do is just treat as if new again, and clean with sea salt solution. Hopefully it'll go back to being healthy after doing that for a week or so but if not best see a piercer.

Advertisement