Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite St shower Low Flow

• 27-07-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi in my house there is an electric Mira Elite St shower. It now constantly says Low Flow (on orange light comes on where this is wrote)..

We can no longer have showers as you either get a freezing cold or scalding hot shower.

Does anyone on here know what the cause for this is or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Anyone any ideas?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How is the pressure if you turn it to cold?

the orange light still stays on saying low flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Do you live in a hard water area? maybe the flow is restricted?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And does your water pressure seem normal?
    I remember having this problem with one a while back. I think it was if the washing machine or dish washer was running at the same time.

• Advertisement

ya the water pressure every where else in the house is grand.it even appears to be normal water pressure in the shower.
    Definitly not related to the dishwasher or washing machine as neither are running when i turn the shower on.
    Ya i live in a hard water area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

descale the shower head. also descale the little filter inside the shower unit. i have this problem too and descale shower head once a month and filter once every few months. this will sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 skilleen2

Dear All,

I have an Mira Elite ST Electric Shower, the problem with it is that when you turn the shower on the pressure is reduced and water gets very hot. I have replaced the thermal switch (thinking this was the problem) no still no luck. The water flows when the temperature is cold but once the temperature is turned up the flow reduces to a dribble. The ''Low Flow'' light is not coming on at all. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Advertisement