Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoked 5 cigarettes after 9 months off

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

At least the 3rd time this has happened after a similar period......the first was heaven....by the 4th I was hating it.....I'll try to resume 'off' without fuss and not beat myself up.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Just remember you are now an ex-smoker:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You're now back to day one. Either quit, or don't quit. Smoking one is just kickstarting your body back to dependancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

maybe I am......I'll do my best not to go there again.....that's all I can do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Freiheit wrote: »
    maybe I am......I'll do my best not to go there again.....that's all I can do....

The further you go, the more incentive you have to stay off them. I quit about 6 years ago. For the first year, I was tempted sometimes.. But I just weighed it up against how far I came and decided it wasn't worth throwing away months of effort for a smoke.

Stay strong. You're better than nicotene!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Happened to me last Friday after about 5/6 months off.

1st one was rotten, but finished it cause i'm an idiot, 2nd one about an hour later was just pure sex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Poor thing, doesn't it just go to show that you're never free from the addiction, I think you always have to be slightly on your guard.

I'd be a little worried that this is the 3rd time that this has happened because what can very easily happen is that a pattern starts emerging and next time you will be six months off and have four fags. Then four months off and have eight fags, then two months off and you have twelve and so on until you then have fags "just on the weekend" and then you're back in the throws of the habit wondering how the hell that happened.

Don't beat yourself up about it but maybe think about reading Allen Carr or www.whyquit.com so remind you why you quit in the first place.

Advertisement