Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lacrosse in Sligo

Options
  • 27-07-2010 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This is random but I'm just wondering if anybody living in Sligo presently has ever played lacrosse at any level?! For all those who have never played lacrosse or heard of it in an Irish sense, our national side is actually top class and finished 9th of 30 in the World Championships earlier this month. I'm looking to spread the word a bit and maybe get some more people into it from the North-West. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thezapper

our national side is actually top class and finished 9th of 30 in the World Championships earlier this month

I didn't know that but I suppose it's no great surprise. I imagine many elements of hurling are similar to lacrosse and ex-hurling players would make good lacrosse players.

I've never played but would love to give it a go if you get something set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roversfan16

thezapper wrote: »
    I didn't know that but I suppose it's no great surprise. I imagine many elements of hurling are similar to lacrosse and ex-hurling players would make good lacrosse players.

I've never played but would love to give it a go if you get something set up.

Yeah a lot of the Irish players in our league would have played some hurling but it's not essential in any way and in some ways it's easier if you've never played. Hurling gives you a natural instinct to get your stick to the ball but also creates some habits that are hard to break. Irish players definitely gain some advantage from it.

Yeah I'd love to set up a team or something, you only need 10 players and it's been done successfully from scratch in Ireland before (albeit in Dublin and Galway). Still, if any interest exists something can be done!

Advertisement