Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Tortoise Butterfly C&C

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

humberklog wrote: »
    ...but did you shoot somone? Like...ever?

Not yet!

OK I'm going to pare this back to basics. There are two ways C&C could be given:

Example A - Well it's not a great image because of this, that and the other. So here's what you can do to make it better next time you attempt something like this.

Example B - Well it's not a great image because of this, that and the other.

ACD has pretty much given you the second example. He's told you why he doesn't like the image which should give you the information you need to improve on it when you try something similar.

You've been told what is wrong with the image in peoples opinions and that should give you all the information you need to make a better go of it next time around. I feel that perhaps you were looking for positive feedback as regards to how they could be improved, a guide perhaps, someone saying well look- try this and this next time. Not getting this positive guidance has lead to feel that people were just criticising your images.

I'm still getting the distinct feeling people skip over my posts, as I've said a few times in this very thread that I'll go away and try again. Might seem like me keeping this up, but I'm only responding if you actually read back. i even thanked you for your tips earlier did I not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

he may not have shot anyone but he stood on my cat once.

then blamed the cat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sorry, but who are you to speak for everyone? Speak for yourself alone. I

Actually, ArtyEva speaks for me too sometimes. She's got some good pronunciation going on.

Oh. [/quote]

I bet you don't have any pussy at all.

[edit] that will sound weird now as I assumed you were a man ...

I see, all friends huh.

Bestest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm still getting the distinct feeling people skip over my posts, as I've said a few times in this very thread that I'll go away and try again. Might seem like me keeping this up, but I'm only responding if you actually read back. i even thanked you for your tips earlier did I not?

Eh no you didn't but I didn't say anything for thanks. Look I'll make this as simple as I possibly can. People are keeping this going because you say that ACD wasn't very helpful when in fact he was. All the information he gave you was constructive and can be used to improve your photos- a positive!

Other users including myself can't understand why you can't see this. It's like you can't see the wood for the trees.

I see, so I can simply discount anything she says as it's just to back you up. She's speaking like she knows me well or something, tbh I can't recall any run-ins on here with her, so she's being silly with the hatred. If anyone's getting abused here it is me.

But i'm a big boy.

But i'm a big boy.

You suuuure are.

Eh no you didn't but I didn't say anything for thanks. Look I'll make this as simple as I possibly can. People are keeping this going because you say that ACD wasn't very helpful when in fact he was. All the information he gave you was constructive and can be used to improve your photos- a positive!

Other users including myself can't understand why you can't see this. It's like you can't see the wood for the trees.

Well that only proves you don't actually read my posts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055982127&page=4

Post right in under yours.

So you are only at it to back up ACD ... that is totally crazy. Anyone who asks for C&C and disagrees with Tomm should expect all this drama then?

• Advertisement

So you are only at it to back up ACD ... that is totally crazy. Anyone who asks for C&C and disagrees with Tomm should expect all this drama then?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well that only proves you don't actually read my posts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055982127&page=4

Post right in under yours.

Excuse me........... sheesh. I thought you were referring to the 'Thanks' button. I had read your post and I do apologize for forgetting that you had actually said thanks. Eight pages in, 112 replies later I'm sure you can understand there's a lot to keep track of here.

In reference to the part I've highlighted. How the heck do you come to that conclusion. I gave you C&C and I've tried to help you understand the viewpoint that others have, including myself to the C&C that you've been given and your inability to comprehend it. How do you come to the conclusion that I am only in it to back someone else up.

*Bangs head against the wall*

People are keeping this going because you say that ACD wasn't very helpful when in fact he was.

That maybe? reading too much into it perhaps, but it comes across as - disagree with ACD and you are just wrong, wrong, wrong. I only asked him to expand on his criticism to begin with after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i have no hatred towards you, cagey. just a tiny bit of concern.

besides - as for speaking for everyone, you're the very one who said in another thread yesterday that you know what goes people's minds when they look at images on this forum, and why exactly the press the thanks button...

i'm concerned that you're wasting this potentially valuable mind reading talent.... paul goldin can't live forever... there'll be an opening there at some stage....:rolleyes:

Ach, that was only an inkling ... a personal one. It's no like I expect anyone to agree with me.

My thoughts on how things go can change daily. Only human loike. We all have suspicions and ideas on what goes on, here, there, everywhere.

I mean, one of my images got almost 50 votes in the challenge thread a while back and I won it by a fair distance, so they obviously know talent when they see it too :P

That maybe? reading too much into it perhaps, but it comes across as - disagree with ACD and you are just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Ah no, you're just wrong, wrong, wrong there.
    besides - as for speaking for everyone, you're the very one who said in another thread yesterday that you know what goes people's minds when they look at images on this forum, and why exactly the press the thanks button...

i'm concerned that you're wasting this potentially valuable mind reading talent.... paul goldin can't live forever... there'll be an opening there at some stage...

+1 I'd pay for that sort of entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

For a thread that contains such a drawn-out display of inanity, it sure has a funny title.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Are you going to shoot Paul Goldin?

Poor little butterfly, never harmed anyone.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    Are you going to shoot Paul Goldin?

No, because people would only say the shots were crap. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hey everyone, this seems to have got so much out of hand, can I just mention in Cagey's defence that I just recently benefited from his C&C, and indeed I got some practical advice, that is easily understood, and put into practice. Maybe that's what he wanted, simply ?
    This is my thread, if you want to see : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055979304

Maybe ye's all get to a stage where you think things are so obvious to everyone, how you should interpret C&C, and know straight away what to do to improve shots. I'm more newbie than TheCageyOne, and I can vouch for how hard it is to put into practice some things that are mentioned on here, things that appear simple to anyone experienced, but might not be as clear-cut to someone less experienced.

Now mind you TCOne, I'd love to have got C&C from AnCatDubh, wasn't so lucky, and maybe if you'd asked more tactfully, you could have had more practical advice from him... very valuable advice I would guess.

For what it's worth, I like the idea of the butterfly and bee feeding off the same blossom, kinda like "at the diner"... other than that, I like the first pic best, whatever focus, etc... etc... it's the easiest and pleasantest for me to look at.
    Now, got to go spin with AnCatDubh's HDR's gazebo (page 4, see Off topic thread) for the rest of the night.:(

Well, thanks for that. As I said, when I can, I do try at least to offer decent advice, and only within my own limits. I'd never give it if I had no clue whatsoever.

I really did only ask for a bit more scope on ACD's words, I guess I wanted something positive out of it, not just pointing out stuff I kind of already realised - hence posting them for C&C, as I said at the start, if I thought they were perfect - I'd trust my own eye and not need advice. I can tell a good image when I see it, the very fact I posted them here was me admitting i need help on them, I rarely do ask.

here's an image inspired by this very thread:

Bee in your bonnet!

F70A56892B1E41A2B93B57A8B892DB60-800.jpg

He's not the sharpest, poor bee, but he's been cropped to death.

peace ;)

re-working of 2 shots if anyone wants to comment, without attacking! :cool:

1EF6CAC959514F8CA8371A2FCEA3E475-800.jpg

74393F1A34F447898E16F10BDCE54BC4-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You suuuure are.

Sounds like you have personal experience

He wishes!

• Advertisement

I don't :(

:(

Advertisement