Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Networks Stockpiling HTC Desires for iPhone 4 Launch?

Options
  • 27-07-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Does anyone think it's a bit odd that none of the networks have had HTC Desires for sale (online anyway) for the last 3-4 weeks yet Carphone Warehouse don't seem to have much of problem getting them?
    Given the fact that there will more than likely be a huge shortfall in iPhone 4's this weekend (there was only one network last time and look what happened!) it makes sense to have a Desire on hand to flog to disappointed customers.
    I'd certainly consider buying one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

No. They ran out of amled screens, Next batch will have super LCD panels. No conspiracy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Damn now I'm really torn!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

htc announced on twitter too that they stopped production with Amoled to change them to super LCD which will be better and will save battery due to the fact of shortage of Amoled Screens

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

failed ;) htc announced on twitter too that they stopped production with amoled to change em to super lcd which will be better and will save battery

better?:confused: maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

so when should we see them back in meteor stores and will they all be the new ones with updated screen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The OTA Android 2.2 update for the Desire comes on the 29th July. Precisely one day before the iPhone 4 launch over here :D

should be a great battle...though im not sure who would win...apple has a big fan boy base where as HTC isnt known that well yet tbh...when people see my HTC HD2 they always ask is that an iPhone ;{ i get so insulted :( as i hate apple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭mondeo

My sister bought the desire last week. I was very
    Impressed with it. Alot Better then my old 3GS IMO.

well lmao u can do alot more with android than just look at apps that u dont even need...

Android 2.2 for HTC Devices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Has anyone any ideas when the desire will be back in stock?

I'm seriously considering ditching the 3GS for one of them.

• Advertisement

its gone be back 1 day before the iPhone 4 Launch day :) cant remember the date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

its gone be back 1 day before the iPhone 4 Launch day :) cant remember the date

Well thats today and three's shop section is down for catalogue update? I wonder?

well i do wonder how many iPhones will sell in the rest of the world seeing as iPhone having massive reception, bluetooth, screen problems were so common in america

Advertisement