Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ink drying up

• 27-07-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

The ink in my printer keeps drying up because i barely use it. how often do i have to use it to stop this happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Bob Z wrote: »
    The ink in my printer keeps drying up because i barely use it. how often do i have to use it to stop this happening?

I find it depends on the printer itself. I had a Dell that I could use only very infrequently (once a month on average) and it was fine. I had a Lexmark that dried up if it was more than a week.
    Sometimes a dried up cartridge can be 'revived' with a bit of alcohol on a Q tip ;) If you're using the cartridge very infrequently, it might be worth sealing it up outside of the printer between uses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Domscard wrote: »
    I find it depends on the printer itself. I had a Dell that I could use only very infrequently (once a month on average) and it was fine. I had a Lexmark that dried up if it was more than a week.
    Sometimes a dried up cartridge can be 'revived' with a bit of alcohol on a Q tip ;) If you're using the cartridge very infrequently, it might be worth sealing it up outside of the printer between uses?

Some printers don't like the cartridge being removed and put back in, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

IT'S an Epsom printer c62 or c64 i think. I hardly ever use it maybe every couple of months or less and each time I do because the ink I dried up I have get a whole new set so it would be cheaper to get it done down in a shop

if I take the cartridge do I wrap it in clingfilm?

Advertisement