Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design an e-commerce website

Options
  • 27-07-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,

as for title, I would like to know which program coding is best to develop an ecommerce website: XHTML?PHP? or whatever you suggest me..
    I don't want to use website builder program, because this is a project for the college.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Whatever you are more comfortable with, php, asp, asp.net, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

XHTML/HTML is a given and will be required for any webpage, it's the server-side language you need to decide on, raw XHTML/HTML will not suffice for a dynamic website, especially an e-commerce one, you need a backend which will perform the processing and store your data.

It's up to you what you choose, but I would recommend PHP and use MySQL as your database, it's relatively easy to set up and there are plenty of resources and tutorials to help you on the web. It's a good idea not to use a builder program when you're starting out because you start to understand the concept of coding and figuring out problems. If you're comfortable try incorporate a bit of javascript into your pages (look at jQuery) this will allow you improve the look-and-feel and you can do some pretty nifty effects with it. Good luck.

Advertisement