Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Playground Opens in Monivea

Options
  • 28-07-2010 12:22am

Fair play to all the locals who raised the required money in record time.

The playground opened last weekend and I drove by twice today, it was packed

great to see this sort of stuff still getting funding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fair play.
    Seems someone did think of the children :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Could someone tell a bit (PM me if you want) about work done to build the playground-
    how much it cost
    planning permission
    etc.

I'm living in Lackagha and just started looking into what would need to be done to get a playground in lackagh or Claregalway.

I dont know to be honest, I pass through Monivea everyday but don't live there

As far as I'm aware the locals approached the county council and an agreement was struck that if the locals came up with 50% of the cost the council would do the rest

Oh also, locals had to provide the land as far as I know. Wasn't too hard, they made use of the old tennis courts which hadn't been used for years

I'd suggest contacting the parish priest of Monivea or call into the shops there and ask the ladies behind the counters. Thats where I got all of the above info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pishposh1

I've been involved in the fund raising for Monivea Playground so it's great to see that it's well received. Brilliant to see it being so well used.

Over half of the money for the playground came from a Leader grant from the Galway Rural Devlopment and then a bit from the council. We raised approx a third of the money needed ourselves.

If you want to find out more I'd be happy to discuss in a PM.

We're organising a big official opening on the evening of Oct 30th. Working with Earwig arts group from Tuam on it and looks like it will be pretty special. Everyone is welcome!

Advertisement