Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAS Course Questions

• 28-07-2010 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry I feel silly for asking these questions that might seem stupid to you.

I am on Job Seekers Benefit (Stamps) after been made redundant for my last job. I applied to jobs and to go to FAS courses since.

I just started a FAS course on monday this week. I got a letter last week to say I got in to this course. While I was waiting to see if I could get on a FAS course I applied for Jobs obviously.

I didnt know the course would be starting this week and had already been called to go stage 1 of a recuritment for a job today (Tuesday).
    I have a letter to state I was called for that, so that should be ok with the FAS orgainsers, I'd say. I might be called for interview in the next 2 weeks for that job also.

My question is Am I allow to go to interviews for jobs while on the FAS course?

Also am I allow to still apply for jobs while on the FAS course? I want too but I just wondering as I would have to be taking off for interviews, do they mind that?

On Friday I have to leave 2 hours early from the course to go to something that was prior booked at the start of this year. My question is What happens if you leave early on day from a course?
    Do you have to have letters to say why or do you just be deducted payments?
    Does this count towards the FAS course results at the end?

In the 2nd last week of this course I have a holiday booked for then, that was booked early this year. Do I just tell them I have the holiday booked? Would it cause problems? What is the normal procedure?

Sorry for all the questions, Im new to this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Am I allow to go to interviews for jobs while on the FAS course?
    Yes, you can go for job interviews while you are doing the Fas course.

However, you need some proof that you have interview(s) as if you don't have proof, Fas will deduct money from you for missing time/days.
    Also am I allow to still apply for jobs while on the FAS course? I want too but I just wondering as I would have to be taking off for interviews, do they mind that?
    Yes, you can still apply for jobs while doing the Fas course.
    On Friday I have to leave 2 hours early from the course to go to something that was prior booked at the start of this year. My question is What happens if you leave early on day from a course? Do you have to have letters to say why or do you just be deducted payments?
    Does this count towards the FAS course results at the end?
    Nothing happens if you leave early, but depending on why your leaving early you may be docked money.

For job interview/medical reasons, if you have proof, you won't be docked money.

Yes, I do think it counts towards the results, however, I may be wrong on this.
    In the 2nd last week of this course I have a holiday booked for then, that was booked early this year. Do I just tell them I have the holiday booked? Would it cause problems? What is the normal procedure?
    How long is the holiday for? Will you be around for the exams at the end of the course?

I am not sure how this would affect you, but tbh, I wouldn't count on getting paid for those days/weeks your on holidays. And I don't know if those holidays will affect your results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Thanks for all your Purple_Bobbin. I really appreciate it.

The holiday is for 7 days Monday to Sunday (so 5 days of the course),
    The last week of the course is the next week.

Advertisement