Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call from o2 today

Options
  • 28-07-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,not sure if this is the place,so mods move if necessary.
    I got a call from an unknown number shortly after six this evening from o2, they asked were they speaking to mr first name surname,i said yes,they asked was i interested to learn more about their products.i said yes, they then asked me to confirm my second name, then my d.o.b, then asked was i on billpay or prepay,ad confirm my address. At this point, i thought to myself as i am billpay surely they would have it all on record, so rather than give out any more info to this hidden number,i made my excuses and hung up. Hopefully i havent given out too much info, it may have been legit,but it may not, so word of warning to anyone in case to be on guard.
    Papa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

personally i wouldn't give out any details to them. i'd ask for an extension number and call back their main number and ask to be transferred. i've had this in the past before from the likes of mbna and aib too. asking you to give out such info goes against the advice they give you.

call o2 if you're in doubt as to whether it was them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This has come up exactly the same before on boards. I cant remember if it was o2 they said they were calling from but was similar situation. Cant find the thread, not sure if it was even in the mobile forum :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Only one way to handle those telesales guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s898wpcgcJM:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

evening all,
    just to follow up on the original story, i called into my local o2 today and told them my story. the girl in the shop said they keep a record of contact made to customers, so she looked it up and turns out o2 never rang me.

so word of warning, if a private number ring claiming to be from o2...
    it may not be o2, so beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Now someone can access your o2 account, as all you need is date of birth, address,

o2 can put a 4 digit password on your a/c no harm ringing them up to do so, just incase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If anyone asks me for my details and they've called me I just hang up. I don't even bother being polite about it.

It's either 1) a scam or 2) incompetence by a service provider.

Advertisement