Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost job 4 months ago, haven't claimed dole...

• 28-07-2010 3:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Ok so let me state right from the get go that I am aware I have been a complete and utter moron so there's no need to point this out!

Some quick info:
    I am 23 been working constantly since I was 18.
    Live at home but father is retired and mother just recently had to retire early because she developed rheumatoid arthritis so not much income there now.
    I used to pay towards bills and upkeep etc until I ran out of money.

Right so the shop I was working in changed ownership end of March this year and all staff contracts were terminated. Applied with new owner but he brought his own staff with him so no job there.

I got about €600 in last wage packet so figured I would be able to survive until I (hopefully) found a new job and I wouldn't need to go on the dole. Now I had no idea about needing to claim my PRSI or anything like that, honestly still not even sure what that's about but anyway.

So I haven't managed to find a job (shocking I know) and basically I am broke. To be honest I was broke a few weeks ago but luckily I have an extremely generous boyfriend who has kept me going much to my embarrassment and guilt. :o

It wasn't until I was talking to a relative the other day and mentioned I was going to have to go on the dole that she said I might have a lot of trouble explaining why I didn't apply as soon as I lost my job and that I might have lost my "stamps". (Which I had to ask somebody else what they were).

Anyway this is a very long complicated way of asking if I will have trouble when I go in?

Thanks and sorry for the pointless waffle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You won't be in any trouble. You're unlikely to get your claim backdated to when you lost your job in March. Here's link to info about what you need to bring in to start your claim, but if you don't have all to hand, best to get your claim started and bring rest in asap.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/References/checklists/cim_checklist.2006-11-16.2727226008

• Registered Users Posts: 38 monkles

Don't think you will be able to claim from when you lost your job. It's only from the day you made your claim I think. It takes a while for the claim to go through as well so if your desperate you can get supplementary welfare until your claim goes through.

Advertisement