Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Woes

Options
  • 28-07-2010 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I've an MA thesis due this coming Tuesday. At the moment it does not look very likely that I am going to get it done in time so I was just wondering if someone could tell me what the possible implications would be if I were to hand it in a day or two late?

Would I be better off just handing in a below par thesis before the submission date? Also has anybody got experience of applying for an extension (though I know I'm probably too late now anyway) and what the process involves?

Finally, are there places that I can get it bound in UCD or if not does anybody know of somewhere in Cork that could do it for me because I'm working down here and will be driving up to UCD and back again in the same day to hand it in, so would not have time to head in to Dublin city.

Hope ye can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'm not sure of the implications of handing it in late question, best of ringing your respective school and seeing what they say or just pulling several all nighters and getting it done.

Regards, your other question. I'd post that in the UCC, CIT forums and see what they might say. Who'd know better about thesis binders in Cork than Cork students? Also, it might be worth looking at this thread and posting this question in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Regarding binding check this shop.
    I advise you to contact your supervisor asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Contact your thesis supervisor and/or school office ASAP.

I remember some years ago (before semesterisation) when I was coming up to my MA thesis deadline I had huge problems opeining and reading files my supervisor sent me in the last two weeks. He told me not to worry, that he would get arrange a few days extension if required, 'though in the end, it turned out I didn't need the extension.

I'm not sure if the 'new' system is as flexible, but it would definitely be worth contacting your supervisor and having a chat with them about the situation you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You should check how it is required to be bound. For most theses, in my experience, the hardbound copy isn't required until a later date and it's just the softbound copies for marking need be submitted first. I can't be fully sure this is the same for UCD though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

okay thanks everybody for all your help...much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement