Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A New Half Effort

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

shazkea wrote: »
    Good to see you back Dollie - what half are you thinking of targeting?

Thanks Shazkea Ballybunion April 23rd is the target....but its Easter Weekend and the OH has already mentioned other plans. We'll see.....

Hal Week 4 Novice HAlf

Day 1: Yoga class

My body felt great after this :) but I ate loads of chocolate after :o

Week 4 Hal's Half Novice

Day 2:

2.98 mile run in 29.02 mins
    1 hour tennis

I am wrecked !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Dolliemix, that is a tough plan you have putin place for yourself! When are you going resting??!! haha

No wonder you are wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

dolliemix wrote: »
    Thanks Shazkea Ballybunion April 23rd is the target....but its Easter Weekend and the OH has already mentioned other plans. We'll see.....

Hal Week 4 Novice HAlf

Day 1: Yoga class

My body felt great after this :)but I ate loads of chocolate after :o

One of the perks of regular exercise. I come home from a run and eat like a pig. Love it! :D

Its all a bit manic this week with the tennis. Its very hard to work around it.
    Hoping to get my run in tomorrow morning at 6.30am .....there is a chance I will get up and do it even if it is small...

Hal Higdon Week 4

Day 3: Cross (hour and twenty minutes tennis doubles)

• Advertisement

Week 4 half novice

Day 4

3 mile run

Update on Week 4

So, week 4 for ran into Week 5. I ended up doing the 6 mile run tonight (Tuesday) instead of Saturday. (I did play tennis for over two hours Sunday Day 7 cross) Wasn't feeling up to it at all, but for the first time in ages I felt great from the get go. Had told myself I'd do 4 miles if I wanted but just kept going.....and now I'm wondering is Tuesday a good time to do LSR?

Week 5 Plan

Day 1: Yoga
    Day 2: 6 mile run
    Day 3: tennis
    Day 4: 3 mile run
    Day 5: Yoga
    Day 6: 4 mile run
    Day 7: Tennis

Week 5:

Day3: tennis in the wind for an hour

Day 4: 4.84k run in 31.40 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Is it fitting back into place for you yet?

You're going great anyway. Keep on keeping on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Bribe OH with loads of easter eggs or convince him to do it with you :D

Is BallyB a hilly course? I haven't been that direction in a long time - its where I learned to drive/crash a bumper car!

• Advertisement

Hi Metamorphisis. Its going fine. I'm finding it a bit boring to be honest at the moment. I'm not managing to shift the Christmas weight and I reckon thats not helping matters because I'm feeling really sluggish when I'm running. I'm hoping when the evenings start stretching it'll help!

Hi Shazkea. I have no idea what Bally B is like. It just suited me dates wise initially. At the moment I'm not sure my legs will ever carry me to a HAlf Marathon distance :( I think its a circular route which I liked the idea of...( If I end up doing it)

That all sound awful.....I need some serious Positive Mental Attitude. I'm going to New York for a week in two weeks. Maybe the break and some new running gear will sort me out :)

Week 5 Day 6

6.39 k in 43.04 (3.97 miles)

One hour tennis later

I always find Jan to mid march one BIG long drag.

I find after Paddys day and certainly with the start of April i feel brilliant. I just keep on keeping on as I know it clicks again eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Hey Dollie, great to see your back on track, I'll be back reading your logs to see what lies ahead of me again (very far ahead of me!) so keep up the good work! Maybe when you find that positive mental attitude you can send some my way, get my lazy ass past 3 miles again!

Thats very encouraging Metamorphisis. I'm hoping thats whats going to happen!

Good to see you back Tipsy....slowly but surely is the way to go I reckon. No point aiming for unrealistic goals!

Took two days off because my hamstrings were really really tight for some reason.

Did a 10k/ 6 mile run this morning in 1.08

Was in work late this morning so felt good (ish) out in the air plodding along in the rain while every one else seemed to be stuck in cars. Maybe as the mornings get brighter....morning runs might be my thing.....

Yet to do a plan this week. I've a messy and unusual week so I reckon I might only get one more run in

Last week was sort of a right off but I'm sort back on track again

Thurs: Nothing
    Friday: Nothing
    Saturday: Nothing
    Sunday: Tennis
    Monday: Yoga
    Tuesday: 4.5 mile run
    Wednesday: Walk
    Thursday: 6 mile run
    Friday: Yoga
    Saturday......Holidays for 6 days!

Last week was sort of a right off but I'm sort back on track again

Thurs: Nothing
    Friday: Nothing
    Saturday: Nothing
    Sunday: Tennis
    Monday: Yoga
    Tuesday: 4.5 mile run
    Wednesday: Walk
    Thursday: 6 mile run
    Friday: Yoga
    Saturday......Holidays for 6 days!

I'm going the week after next, can't wait. Are you packing your running gear? :)

Hi JCsmum,

I wont be packing anything. I'm going to new york and I'm planning on buying gear there and testing it out in Central Park!

4.1 miles this morning in 43.20 mins

Lovely misty morning but that tightness around my hips and hamstrings just doesn't seem to be budging.

I signed up for the Great Ireland Run in the Phoenix Park April 10th 10k . It should keep me motivated to just keep at it

Hi JCsmum,

I wont be packing anything. I'm going to new york and I'm planning on buying gear there and testing it out in Central Park!

Lovely misty morning but that tightness around my hips and hamstrings just doesn't seem to be budging.

I signed up for the Great Ireland Run in the Phoenix Park April 10th 10k . It should keep me motivated to just keep at it

Excellent! I'm going to Lanzarote so I'm dreaming of nice early morning runs in the sun along the prom...... bliss..... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Hi JCsmum,

Great shall I PM you my list of gear I'd like :D. Jealous love NY and Central Park.

Jacksmum jealous of you too going to the sunshine :cool:

Holidays:

Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

3 x 5/6 mile runs around central park with my newly purchased running gear

• Advertisement

Holidays:

Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

3 x 5/6 mile runs around central park with my newly purchased running gear

Bling bling! :cool:

Bring me back some of those tootsie roll sweets please :)

K Thanks Bye

back to business!

It's been Feb since I last did anything serious exercise wise. I tried a bit of running in March but I was very sluggish and was finding it very difficult to get back into. I discovered I was pregnant in April and was too scared to do anything. Unfortunately I lost the baby two weeks ago Thursday. I've been dying to get back into exercise just to give me some sense of control, but my fitness levels are way down and on top of that, I've just been exhausted emotionally so it's been very hard.

Last night I signed up for the Dublin Addidas series (but not the marathon). I'm going to try and do this to help me physically and mentally but I'm aware I need to build myself up very gently.

I did a run on the threadmill last Thursday. It was awful. I managed 10 mins and I felt like I was going to get sick. I walked for six mins and then did another 10 mins at a jogging pace 8.5.

I went back again to the threadmill last night. I managed 9.5 pace for 15. Cool down for 3. And then 8.5 for 10 mins. Again I felt sick! I looked like a beetroot........but it felt great for me mentally to know I was beginning to look after myself again.

Tonight I did a body balance class. I was dreading it, but it actually wasn't too bad.

Plan is to do Hal Higdon's Novice 8k (5 mile) until July 16th (when addidas race is on).

http://www.halhigdon.com/8K/8knovsch.htm

So here is this week's plan. It looks nice an easy compared to what I was doing but at the moment 2 miles is a lot for me so I'll be really happy to get this week done.

Monday: Treadmill 25 mins
    Tuesday: Body Balance Class
    Wednesday: Tennis
    Thursday: 2 mile run and strength
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Tennis
    Sunday: Rest/ cross

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Aww Dollie, Im so so sorry to hear about your miscarrage, I hope youre doing ok... take it easy on yourself, thats an awful lot for your body to go through, it will take a while to get back to normal.

Good to see you back on the Boards though, I havent kept up my log, it was taking too much time,but Im still running away, small small distances, doing the mini marathon in Dublin on Monday, so that will be a bit of fun. have been thinking about doing the series in the park too, but it was the half-marathon there that I screwed my knee up last year and that set me back for MONTHS, so Ill see Im getting on closer to the time. Its good to have a target though.

Hopefully getting back on track wont be too tough for you, Im sure you'll be running laps around me again in no time! Mind yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Hi Dolliemix.

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Its not an easy thing to go through.

Don't take on too much too soon. You have gone through alot physically and mentally so take it easy on yourself.

Welcome back though..... We missed you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Welcome back to the logs Dollie, glad to see you posting again. Really sorry to hear about your loss, that must be really tough to cope with.

Thanks for your messages. When I get time, I'll have a look over your threads to motivate me!

Wednesday:

Tennis match.

....already making a change of plan and using today as a rest day!

I'll do the two mile and strength tomorrow instead

So sorry to hear your sad news. Glad that you are back running again - it can be very therapeutic.

Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

So sorry to read what you have been through recently dolliemix, take care of yourself.

• Advertisement

Week 1:

Friday:

2 mile run on threadmill
    Strength (program from two months ago!)

Saturday:

Massive clean out in house

Advertisement