Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search engine optimization?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Wordpress photoblog- http://photoblog.ie. (just changed over recently so haven't gotten Archive page fixed yet.)
    I'm wondering what are the steps to try to get best search engine optimization?
    1. Is there a 'one-stop' site (free) that'll register/list it in all search engines for me in one go?
    If not what are the sites for different search engines to register/list it?
    2. Meta data. In Wordpress settings there doesn't appear to be any setting for adding meta data description etc. How can I do this?
    3. My posts are mainly photos without any text (bar photo title). Should I be adding 'photo', 'photography', 'photoblog', 'photo blog' tags to each picture/post?
    4. Should I add a description to each post (appears under the picture). I suppose the more key words in each post the more likely posts will appear higher up?
    5. Anything else I can do for higher search engine results?
    I have the url in my Gmail signature
    I've linked to some other photo blogs in my 'blogroll' section.
    I post in forums.
    6. Ideally it'd be great if my site appeared high up if someone searched for 'photoblog'. But I guess this depends on traffic to site etc?
    What exactly determines the rankings?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Google top10 wordpress plugins, the seo plugin will be in that.

Advertisement