Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermot & Dave going to drivetime (98FM)

• 28-07-2010 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Dermot & Dave off of 98fm are moving from breakfast to drivetime on 30th of August *I think*

Finally I'll be able to listen as I'm a lazy bastard who can't wake up before 1pm. Also, we don't have a funny show on in that timeslot at all on the radio, so it'll be interesting to see how the JNLRs will be affected - will more people tune into that type of radio at that time, will they tune out...

Do you think it's a good move? Who ever is replacing them is gonna have a hard time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 taisteal

I just heard. I'm raging. What will I listen to now?

I'll probably change from 98fm because aside from The Morning Crew, nothing else blows me away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Dublin listeners still won't have a funny show on at drivetime because them two just aren't funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Looking forward to hearing it myself... and (more importantly, almost) D&D say they're looking forward to the change and the challenge.

The current rumour (nothing more at the moment) is that Steven Cooper is to replace them at breakfast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I am raging, what am I supposed to listen to in the mornings now?!

Is it Steve who replaces them in the mornings when they're away? if so thats me gone, I can't bear him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kickbox

I am so excited by this news. I'm never up early enough to enjoy them as I work late. Best of luck to them both and I'll be listening.

• Advertisement

I'm hearing now (from an excellent source) that it won't be Cooper or Pierce (or anyone from within 98FM) replacing D&D at brekkie, but someone from outside the station - a pair of presenters, one of whom is already presenting breakfast on local radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Bard wrote: »
    I'm hearing now (from an excellent source) that it won't be Cooper or Pierce (or anyone from within 98FM) replacing D&D at brekkie, but someone from outside the station - a pair of presenters, one of whom is already presenting breakfast on local radio.

And who would this pair of presenters be?

*begins pointless speculation*

ste88m wrote: »
    And who would this pair of presenters be?

*begins pointless speculation*

I've told you all I know, I'm afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Heard that too from my own reliable source.

Hmmm, already on local breakfast radio... Hmmmmmm.

The 98FM Breakfast show with Jim Mcabe and Debbie Allen. NAAAAH it'll never work!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 The Fame

I know you said one of them was from local radio but could be a former breakfast show host on 98fm and has been currently on national radio for a few years! She is now on weekends?

Who else would be in the running?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Liam Coburn returning me thinks..

The blueberry alarmclock with Jim and Niamh.

Fago! wrote: »
    The blueberry alarmclock with Jim and Niamh.

Unlikely that it'll be the *anything* alarm clock... when C&JJ went to 2FM, their breakfast show was originally going to be called "The 2FM Alarm Clock with Colm & Jim-Jim" but FM104 threatened to sue, as far as I know... ;)

Unlikely that it'll be the *anything* alarm clock... when C&JJ went to 2FM, their breakfast show was originally going to be called "The 2FM Alarm Clock with Colm & Jim-Jim" but FM104 threatened to sue, as far as I know... ;)

Heard that too. Hmmmm. The 98FM Alarmbell?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bandscan

Some Names Already Doing Breakfast Shows Around The Country rumoured Are Stephen Keogh(Kfm),Chris Murray(LMFM) and Rob Gromley(Eastcoast).

Fago! wrote: »
    Heard that too. Hmmmm. The 98FM Alarmbell?

To be honest, I don't see why they'd dump the name "The Morning Crew" ... it's worked fine so far & it's not like D&D(&S) were the first ones with that show name on 98FM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Bandscan wrote: »
    Some Names Already Doing Breakfast Shows Around The Country rumoured Are Stephen Keogh(Kfm),Chris Murray(LMFM) and Rob Gromley(Eastcoast).

What about bernard and Keith on iRadio. They're v good and would sit in nicely at 98

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Bandscan wrote: »

More chance of Terry Wogan getting the gig than any of those names.

bbability wrote: »
    What about bernard and Keith on iRadio. They're v good and would sit in nicely at 98

NEVAAAAAAAAAAR! They suck ass! Keith was better off with Joe!
    More chance of Terry Wogan getting the gig than any of those names.

doubtful!
    To be honest, I don't see why they'd dump the name "The Morning Crew" ... it's worked fine so far & it's not like D&D(&S) were the first ones with that show name on 98FM :)

Hmmm, maybe. Maybe they'll get some young punk from Spin to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cold As Ice

From the stories that are going around TODAY from national stations, we could be hearing a former tv presenter fill the role on 98fm. No more presenting sport or holiday programs?

• Advertisement

From the stories that are going around TODAY from national stations, we could be hearing a former tv presenter fill the role on 98fm. No more presenting sport or holiday programs?

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

CraigDoyleFennellsD4043-0004_resizedfornewspage.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

That's the name I heard!

I'd listen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

I've heard him on Capital in London and he sounded good.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

.....No more presenting sport or holiday programs?
    Maybe he's giving up the holiday shows but not the sports!

I've heard him on Capital in London and he sounded good.

Sean
    didn't know he was a presenter there. I'd well listen to him. Would 98fm be his style though?

Unrelated note, why do you sign your name after every post? Put it in your sig.

So they're starting today! (I think).

Are they?

Nice simple start with a couple of "HOWRYA!"s, no messing about... the cash call and straight into a song and a promise to shortly explain why they're on both brekkie and drive for the moment...

Welcome to the afternoon slot, lads... expect ye'll rock it :)

• Advertisement

One of the first things they said cracked me up - good start!

I'm looking forward to today's show.

Advertisement