Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 dongle broken,what now?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    The USB connector on my Sierra wireless O2 dongle is bent from plugging it in and out of computer.O2 customer rep(who was pretty ignorant for a cust service rep) said O2 would not repair it as it was "customer damage".Said my options were either to pay out remainder of contract(finished in Dec) or buy another dongle which is €59!!Either way I am loathe to give them any more of my cash.Mate of mine has a spare Vodafone dongle but I dont think my O2 sim will work on that,will it?Any other suggestions that wont cost me a packet?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have a Huawei E1752 o2 modem that I have used about 4 times I think, its €59 on the o2 store, will sell it for €25 if you are interested in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

you can unlock the vodafone one, not sure how easy they are to unlock but it can definitely be done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone know for sure if I can unlock the Vodafone modem.if so how do I go about it?will it cost me?

Cantgetnosleep-I pm'd you,have a look and see what you think,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes they can be unlocked, get you mate to get the unlock code.

You could also use a HSDPA phone and put the sim into it, then tether to the laptop and use that as the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thanks Davy-is it just a phone call that's needed to unlock the modem?just like a phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

toby2111 wrote: »
    Thanks Davy-is it just a phone call that's needed to unlock the modem?just like a phone?

You couldn't have googled it ?

http://www.ruchirablog.com/guide-unlock-huawei-hsdpa-modem-free/

Advertisement