Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ahmadinejad Misses The Irony. Makes Ass of Self, Government.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

/facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Ahmadinejad was later heard to say "An octopus predicting sports results, people will believe any old nonsense" as he knelt down to pray to his invisble sky god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

In fairness it is childish nonsense.

It's almost as bad as Islam or Christianity.

monosharp wrote: »
    In fairness it is childish nonsense.

It's almost as bad as Islam or Christianity.

Yeah it's childish nonsense but it's a bit of fun. No one actually thinks the octopus is predicting anything.......at least I hope they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Yeah it's childish nonsense but it's a bit of fun. No one actually thinks the octopus is predicting anything.......at least I hope they don't
    That's what I thought until I found myself having an argument with two people in work about the existence of an octopus' ability to predict the future.

"Well you tell us how he does it then"
    "See you don't know"
    "He must be able to predict the future"

Ouch.

• Advertisement

Valmont wrote: »
    That's what I thought until I found myself having an argument with two people in work about the existence of an octopus' ability to predict the future.

"Well you tell us how he does it then"
    "See you don't know"
    "He must be able to predict the future"

Ouch.

attachment.php?attachmentid=121857&stc=1&d=1280323509

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

He says:

"Those who believe in this type of thing cannot be the leaders of the global nations..."

I say:

"If only buddy, if only!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I read a very good article about incarceration rates around the world. The US jails people at three times the rate that Iran jails them. Bizzare. I know this has nothing to do with the epic face off between octopus paul and Mad Mullah Ahmadinejad but I just wanted to post this link for people to read.
    http://www.economist.com/node/16636027

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

MY money says he's been taken completely out of context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Paul should be wiped off the map.

Anyway, it's about time people stopped paying attention to anything BadMood DinnerJacket says. Unless he says "nuclear" in his sentence.

ps, I can't be the only one who thinks "Paul" is an odd name for an Octopus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Queue a torrent of propaganda sympathizing with the plight of Paul & Paul's appendage being superimposed on American, British & Israeli flags.

Anyone who thinks Paul should be eaten by a vegetarian is obviously in league with the Iraki's, or the Irani's or whoever they are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The Octopus is in fact the son of the divine giant spaghetti monster; come to us to give us good fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The Octopus is in fact the son of the divine giant spaghetti monster; come to us to give us good fortune.
    Damn, it's so obvious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Zillah wrote: »
    Paul should be wiped off the map.

Anyway, it's about time people stopped paying attention to anything BadMood DinnerJacket says. Unless he says "nuclear" in his sentence.

ps, I can't be the only one who thinks "Paul" is an odd name for an Octopus?
    Hmmm, I thought his name was I've had me dinner dad...

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Someone should tell him about Joe Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Who needs the Flying Spaghetti Monster? I always had my doubts anyway.

I am now an Octopussian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Just shows what a jerka, jerka jerka puppet iran has as a running the country.

Maybe we should get Paul to predict which country is going to be nuked first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

condra wrote: »
    Who needs the Flying Spaghetti Monster? I always had my doubts anyway.

I am now an Octopussian.
    And now a reading from Paul's first letter to the Crustaceans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

"Those who believe in this type of thing cannot be the leaders of the global nations that aspire, like Iran, to human perfection, basing themselves in the love of all sacred values," he said.

Like stoning women to death for adultery, he later added.

Advertisement