Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any alternative to data bundles by time (daily, week, month etc)?

• 28-07-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

I think I probably already know the answer to this.. but do any operators (home or abroad) offer a PAYG data tariff by data, as opposed to time?

What I mean is Vodafone, Meteor, O2 and Three have their day / week / month passes.

e.g - 1 day pass - €2.99 up to 500MB

And they also have a 7 day pass and a 30 day pass.

My problem is that I'd use data on the road occasionally and €2.99 isn't too bad but more often that not, I'd only use maybe 20 - 30MB tops. And I know that using data outside of these daily / weekly / monthly bundles can be very expensive.

Any operators offer a 100MB - 500MB bundle for a fixed price with no expiry date?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Yes, 3 let you do out of bundle charging. I think its 49c per mb but im not 100% sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sheesh, bit pricey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

49c per mb = 49000 per Gigabyte = €490

I think everyone expires unused calls or data. Eventually even your SIM if you don't use it for long enough. That's why I have a minimum "bill pay".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

3 do 250mb for 5euro a month but you have to set your device to a mobile phone in your my3 settings for this add on to appear if your using mobile broadband..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

O2 prepay broadband is 2c per MB if you don't buy a day/month pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

parsi wrote: »
    Yeah.. that's probably the best option for me alright.

I tend to simply check e-mail / quick browse of my RSS feeds and that's about it on the move.

Paying €2.99 a day for that just isn't worth it! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

parsi wrote: »

2c x 1000 = €20 per gigabyte.

Better than than the €200 to €820 per Gigabyte that can be charged by *ALL* Mobile operators.

But not cheap.

Advertisement