Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheikh Al-Sudais at Blackburn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Wicknight wrote: »
    I know. I'm simply asking do you think we should not trust the ICC website?

You seem quite dismissive of a range of media sources, but then also regularly post links and references to other media sources, normally those run by Muslim groups.

I'm trying to see if this is a general feeling of mistrust you have towards media in general, or just media no run by Muslims or media when they are critical of Muslims?

A bit of clarification I think is in order, given how regularly you dismiss certain media sources such as the BBC.
    I think every media outlet has an agends so it is better to read from both sides and and try yourself to deduce what the real story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

PM Sent.

Are these PMs with your moderator hat on or your poster hat on? Wouldn't it be better if another moderator deals with problems related to your own posts (it seems there is a conflict of interest there).

P.

Oceanclub and Wicknight banned for discussion of Moderation on thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

I think that this thread has run its course - the original point of drawing attention to the visit of Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais to the UK has been made, and discussions of what he may or may not have said in the past don't really get us far.

For the record, I am inclined to share the view that the Sheikh did indeed say some unfortunate things, which he now regrets, but this is sadly a common human failing.

However, despite what the Sheikh is supposed to have said, it is interesting that the British government allowed him into the UK not just recently but also a year ago. Perhaps the British government thought that banning the chief imam of the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca would be like banning the Pope, which some people in the UK have demanded. Perhaps letting Sheikh al-Sudais in was prompted by the hostile reaction to the ban on popular speakers Zakir Naik and Bilal Phillips last month, again for comments that had been made years ago, and which were widely believed to have been taken out of context and even distorted.

Oceanclub and Wicknight ban lifted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement