Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cnoc Dubh, Ballyboughal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

doesnt seem that good to me.

House in the middle of nowhere for 235k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

doesnt seem that good to me.

House in the middle of nowhere for 235k

Really not helpful, but thanks for your input, duly noted.

I like the area so that isnt an issue. Its a large 4 bed house..obviously would go in with a far lower offer. Would be more concerned about the development as a whole, whether it is finished or not, the state of the other houses in the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Its hard to see from the photo but this looks like the unfinished development at the heart of the village in Ballyboughal that has destroyed the town. There were only a few houses completed and much of the construction is unfinished blockwork skeletons. There is much salacious local gossip about the developer. But basically the whole development is on hold (bankrupt) and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole as it will never be finished and instead sits as a complete blight on the town.

As an aside there are two other finished show-houses sitting opposite the petrol station that have had their prices slashed by 300k and are still unsold. Asking prices on those were approx 750k at the peak, not sure what the story is with those ones.

Its quite unfortunate what happened to Ballyboughal which was a really nice little town. Take a drive through and the signs of the destruction of the north county by greedy developers are clear. Fingal county council have alot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Thanks for the reply, I thought as much to be honest. Its such a pity!

I might take a drive out to see what its like but have a good idea on what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Do take a drive a out, its quite nice until you see the building site and not that far from the city centre. Theres a nice place called the grange you can stop in for lunch and further up the road (couple of miles) in the Naul the newsagents make the nicest ice creams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Looks like it's being re-developed now. Quite different style of houses. Compare 2009 and 2018. https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5221884,-6.2677266,3a,75y,347.95h,93.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5rxn8s-ewAnv_ab0DKQiUw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5221872,-6.2677339,3a,75y,347.95h,93.27t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sbsGpfnDPrb2CwJJ5IQNrlA!2e0!5s20180601T000000!7i16384!8i8192

Still, crazy prices for the location though. 600k for a detached house. You get better deal nearby, like in Ashbourne for instance, and closer to lots of amenities and public transportation.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/ballyboughal-county-dublin/4239370

Advertisement