Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4G or wait for Android2.2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I hope I'm not taking this thread off-topic again but here goes....
    If someone didn't get on with a Hero wouldn't a Desire be basically very similar (except much faster, nicer screen, some bells and whistles etc)? IE the OS is basically the same?

believe me the bigger processor and the screen makes all the differece +++ how old is the hero now? technology has improved...hence user experience improves.

though my one year old hd2 is still the most powerfull and most advanced phone in Europe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

"She" doesn't have any problems.;)

In my post above - I ment in a general sense if anyone did not like the Hero user experience how likely is it that they would like the Desire user experience?

My missus has a hero, I hate it, find it incredibly frustrating to use, so naturally, I assumed the desire would be similar, I was wrong...got my hand on a desire after I got pissed off with the antenna issue on my iPhone 4, the desire is the business..in a different league to the hero ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

believe me the bigger processor and the screen makes all the differece +++ how old is the hero now? technology has improved...hence user experience improves.

though my one year old hd2 is still the most powerfull and most advanced phone in Europe :)

Then by your own logic, the Galaxy with faster GPU and better screen should make 'all' the difference. Have you seen the videos comparing a Galaxy playing Quake 2 vs the Desire and the ones comparing the visibility of their screens in direct sunlight?

Exactly in what ways is the hd2 more advanced and powerful than the the Galaxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

cnocbui wrote: »
    Then by your own logic, the Galaxy with faster GPU and better screen should make 'all' the difference. Have you seen the videos comparing a Galaxy playing Quake 2 vs the Desire and the ones comparing the visibility of their screens in direct sunlight?

I can't speak for the HD2. But please do not try and fool anyone with that Quake 2 benchmark. Quake 2 was designed from the ground up to support PowerVR processors and NOTHING else (At least not a usable level of compatibility). Quake 3 however which is much more graphically demanding runs perfectly fine on the Desire as it does on the Galaxy S. The ones running Quake 2 benchmarks are trying to pull a fast one.

cnocbui wrote: »

sorry forgot to say one of the most...but even so i imagine the galaxy to fall apart after 5 seconds where as my hd2 got quite a hammering and still in one piece...

i do admit samsungs hummingbird is one serious piece of kit...but the problem is that samsung has **** developer base compared to hd2...

i didnt like the galaxy s when i tried it...

its ugly and looks exactly the same design as one of their cheaper tocco models only bigger...hence why hd2 is better :)

and last its shape reminds me of a cheap version of 3GS

(in my opinion) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

now ive been using a friends android... it appears to constantly download maps from google and not cache them... is this the case or can I download entire areas like ovi maps?

something to back me up ;) even after 9 months on the market this outdated piece is still one of the best ;)

TOP 4!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Android is so bleedin' Vista I'm amazed at the general comments here.
    I got the iPhone 4 no dropped calls no dodgy signal, fabulous os, amazing camera and hd video. These features on the Desire are a dog as they are on most smart phones.

Check this out all made on an iPhone 4, see if your Desire will do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwCLeD3z9o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Gigiwagga wrote: »
    I got the iPhone 4 no dropped calls no dodgy signal, fabulous os, amazing camera and hd video. These features on the Desire are a dog as they are on most smart phones.

Em check what out?

Have you used a desire before jumping to the default Iphone fanboy defense?

lmao u know its a fanboy once they mention vista which is still the newest thing from microsoft...it was never update or improved...lmao find something new to pick on ;) thats just too old and yes desire can do that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

lmao u know its a fanboy once they mention vista which is still the newest thing from microsoft...it was never update or improved...

You clearly know nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Wow. You know nothing at all about Android.

In case you haven't noticed the Desire and the iPhone 4 have equally good cameras both with 720p recording.

If you think taking a HD video and then editing it on your phone is magic then you should really have a taste of multitasking. Y'know, maybe a Flash video in my browser with about 20 other apps running.

Now that's magic. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

lmao u know its a fanboy once they mention vista which is still the newest thing from microsoft...it was never update or improved...lmao find something new to pick on ;) thats just too old and yes desire can do that ;)
    Hogzy wrote: »
    You clearly know nothing

You are reading it wrong, He pointed out that it was the Apple fanboy that stated it proving that the Apple Fanboy knows nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

how about battery life? I read somewhere that the desire needs to be charged every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

You are reading it wrong,
    No you read my post wrong. He said Vista was the newest thing from Microsoft. Windows 7 has been out for over a year.

silvine wrote: »
    how about battery life? I read somewhere that the desire needs to be charged every day.

and the iPhone doesnt? :) i read that the iPhone lasts about 8 hours ;)

Advertisement