Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is clonsilla a nice area?

Options
  • 28-07-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello Everyone,

I was looking to buy an house, a quite place with 3- badrooms, couple of bathrooms etc.... and I have seen something interesting in clonsilla. Do you know if there is some area there to avoid?

I have seen something as well in finglas, but it doesn't have the best reputation, is that area still a bad one?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Gabriele wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I was looking to buy an house, a quite place with 3- badrooms, couple of bathrooms etc.... and I have seen something interesting in clonsilla. Do you know if there is some area there to avoid?

I have seen something as well in finglas, but it doesn't have the best reputation, is that area still a bad one?

What road in finglas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Both Clonsilla and Finglas are large areas with estates which are quiet and those which are trouble some. So it is going to depend where in those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

These threads :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jay D wrote: »
    These threads :rolleyes:

Yes, threated with a little respect and maturity they're a tremendous help to the people asking the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

I see, so problably the best would be take the car and go around the area near the house a little to see if there is something strange, and as well read more newspaper to see if something not nice happened lately.
    I know that this threads could create some issues, but it is not my intention say one is better than the other one, buy an house is something you are not doing everyday (I mean normally, and if you are not a monopoly fan :D), I would just love to have an idea which are the area that are more quiet and which one are instead more noisy. that's all

Bye

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I see, so problably the best would be take the car and go around the area near the house a little to see if there is something strange, and as well read more newspaper to see if something not nice happened lately.
    I know that this threads could create some issues, but it is not my intention say one is better than the other one, buy an house is something you are not doing everyday (I mean normally, and if you are not a monopoly fan :D), I would just love to have an idea which are the area that are more quiet and which one are instead more noisy. that's all

Bye

Or you could ask people who might have some knowledge what a certain area/road/estate etc is like..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭donaghs

Bye

I'd also advise walking around, especially in the evening. A lot of Clonsilla has only been built in the last 15 years so people cant have been living there that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Where abouts in Clonsilla OP? For the most part it's a decent area but like anywhere has some areas of knack infestation. I grew up down the road in Carpenterstown and lived in Clonsilla for a couple of years too.

If you work in town it can be a bit of a pain unless you are using the train. Cars and buses will be sitting in pretty heavy traffic like most of west Dublin.

-Funk

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The specific area of Clonsilla is important
    Some areas are really nice some are really awful
    The Dublin West Forum would be a good palce to ask too.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

donaghs wrote: »
    I'd also advise walking around, especially in the evening.

An excellent way to get mugged in Clonsilla, that.
    Its a bit rough, but not bad by any means.

Also, it has Host and Romayos, so you'll never want for take away

• Advertisement
Advertisement