Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI offer after redundancy

Options
  • 28-07-2010 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

VHI have offered me cheap healthcare after my policy runs out for 1 year. My policy is downgraded i.e. no doctor refunds, minimal cover, but I can upgrade immediately if needed without penalty - I just pay the excess for the person in my family who needs cover.

Anyway, it's 'cheap' cover for a year. What happens when I start a new job soon which offers me (not family) VHI cover? Should I tell them I already have cover and then claim back BIK or something??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

You might be locked into VHI by virtue of the other companies not recognising this plan as a hospital plan ie you may have to reserve waiting periods if you change provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Did you take the offer? Did it work out? what was the cost etc?

Advertisement