Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-Reflective Glass for Framing?

• 28-07-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭

Re: Non-Reflective Glass for Framing

Anyone know where it can be bought?

Thanks

BTW: Did a Google and a forum search but other than framing companies not much success.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I believe it's called museum glass and it is damned expensive, I have seen it in a framers in bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I've been told it's six times the price of normal glass, which isn't so bad when you consider normal glass isn't very expensive. I've asked about it twice in framers and they don't seem to want to be arsed dealing with it. I have it on a few expensive paintings but piecces that were framed when I got them. Leinster Glass or Leinster Lead Craft told me they could get it for me if I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

there are various levels of glass

1. float glass - standard stuff
    2. NR acrylic - little more about 3 times
    3. NR glass - bout 5/6 times the price
    4. museum glass - bout 10 times the price
    5. high end museum acrylic - bout 20 times the price

each have their own pluses and minuses

for example NR glass tends to be a little green, and also the surface isnt smooth. so it depends on taste

i can get all of them. but for example you really need to be sat down to hear the price of the museum acrylic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

If you want to stay away from glass try The Heat-seal finish on you're Img you then only need a border frame with no glass "I love it" or get stcstc to do a canvas for his Quality is fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

cheers fireman

I can do the heatseal too. although its not to every persons taste i do know what you mean

there is a matt laminate for heat sealing which isnt completely none reflective but getting there

i did some 40*48 framed prints like this recently, they were in a float frame etc and were for an exhibition where text was actually projected onto them as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Thanks for the info folks.

It sounds like it could be more hassle than it's possibly worth.

The glass would have been a nice to have, but I think I can live without it for now.

Appreciate the advice.

Advertisement