Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realflow 5.0

Options
  • 28-07-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I got Realflow 5.0 as a gift from a client. They thought I would like it, never used it before and there seems to be a steep learning curve but my main concern is that it's constantly crashing on me. I dont think I have enough RAM. Im running vista 32-Bit and only have 4Gb of RAM. Is there any point upgrading just for this program? Ive googled "Realflow 5 crashes" and some people are saying its actually a problem with the program itself.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

4 gigs is kind of borderline but still capable of running Realflow. Although for the record with a 32 bit version of windows you only have 3.2 gigs of ram. 32 bit operating systems cant access any more then that so unfortunately you're not even getting the full benefit of the hardware you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pauly-chops

Yeah i was thinking of upgrading to 64-bit but from what ive read aparantly realflow isnt very stable anyways. dont think il upgrade just yet. have a ton of 32-bit programs and dont want to have to get 64-bit versions of them too.

cheers thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I can fully understand that but its really not worth considering upgrading anything else on that system until you've gone 64-bit as that 3.2 gig RAM limitation is going to bottle neck any other upgrade.

As for Realflow, its perfectly stable on my machine. If it was that buggy or unstable it wouldnt be so widely used. If you run any application at all on a machine with borderline specs thats only barely able to keep up with what the application is trying to do then its not going to be the most stable.

Advertisement