Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hundred mile week dream.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Really sorry to hear about your accident Eddie and hoping you get better quickly. We'll be raising a few drinks to your health tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Hey Eddie just met you the once in Barcelona this year. Get well soon and have a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Eddie, I haven't met you but was very sad to hear of your accident, I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Get better soon Eddie. Keep running to the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Eddie, it was great to get to know you over the last few months. Get well soon mate and I'll see you back on the road in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

Eddie we shared many a road trip to a race while debating who was from the better hurling county :D but I really hope we will have more journeys in the future to look back on.

Keep hanging in their my friend like you always did in a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Eddie, only heard about this last night - I wish you all the best and hope you have the strength to recover fully! Digger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Have never met you Eddie but have checked in and out of your log since I've become an adopted Tipp woman. My thoughts are with you. Stay strong x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

God only seen this now. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery - get well soon eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Awful news. Get well soon Eddie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Just catching up on all the logs and saw this. It was great to meet you in Barca Eddie, hopefully you're on the road to recovery very soon, praying for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I only know you in the virtual sense from checking in on your log and some tips you've graciously given in the past, but just wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Hi Eddie, just know you from reading your log every so often. Thinking of you and hoping for a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Just know Eddie from reading this log but hopefully the stamina & determination that shines out will get him through this as well. Get well soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Have spent quiet amount of time reading your log these last few months.
    Never spoke to you but some lad in a Tipp Jersey lined up behind me at the Jingle Bell's 5k in phoenix part. Knew it was yourself, i was too quiet to introduce meself.
    Get well soon Eddie and hope to see you back on your feet again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You're fit and stong, and will get through this. Keep fighting for the Hundred mile week dream Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Have been following your log for a while and like PDCAT a guy in a Tipp jersey lined up beside me in the Aware 10K in Jan and presumed it was you, I thought I recognised you and was going to say hello but was too quite, it was only later that I figured out where I recognised you, I think we breifly worked together about 12/13 years ago in Blackrock and had many a pint together in the Avoca on thursday and friday nights after work. Sorry to hear of your accident and hope make a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Eddie, wishing you a full recovery.

You are in a lot of peoples thoughts at the moment - looking forward to meeting you again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Haven't met you yet Eddie but all the best and here's to a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Just heard about your accident.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Get well soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Haven't met you yet either,but wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I've never met you either Eddie - wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. Hope you are living the hundred mile week dream again soon. C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Eddie, I haven't met you but was really sorry to hear of your accident. Get well soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Its just a week since the accident and it's inspirational to see so many well wishes on Eddie's log. I have passed on the messages to the ICU nurses looking after him, and his family. There is no improvement yet in Eddie's condition and he is still in an induced coma while the ICU staff give him all the care and attention they can until Eddie is ready to take the road to recovery.

I hope I will be coming back with better news, but in the meantime I just wanted to keep all his friends updated, seeing as everyone is thinking of him and keeping him in your prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

Update appreciated,come on eddie .. Get yourself well.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

I`m sorry to be on her with some sad news.
    Eddie Murphy died peacefully in the last 30mins.
    R.I.P.
    I`ll let ye know about funeral arrangements whenever its sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

RIP Eddie and best wishes to your family. It was a pleasure knowing you.
    5192237759_73f5833927_b.jpg Boards AC time trial 198 by DBradshaw, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Very sad news, RIP Eddie and my condolences to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Very sad new RIP Eddie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Really sad news. RIP.

Advertisement