Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hundred mile week dream.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

RIP Eddie. Was shocked and saddened to hear the bad news.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RIP Eddie :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Dreadful news... Eddie RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

R.I.P pal.

Really going to miss you out there. Let that road you're running be long. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

RIP. Truly shocking news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

God rest you, Eddie and it was an honour to know and run with you.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

So sad, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah that's terrible, RIP Eddie, heartfelt condolences to your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Goodbye buddy, races won't be the same without your good spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Really terrible news. RIP Eddie.

• Advertisement

Eddie's funeral is at 11:30am in Nicker Church, Pallasgreen, Co. Tipperary on Saturday. Reposing tomorrow evening from Ryans funeral home Pallasgreen at 7pm with removal at 8:30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

So sad to hear you are gone Eddie, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

RIP. only met eddie the once but an absolute gent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

R.I.P. eddie,keep on rockin...ur one great guy and gonna be sadly missed....Anto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Eddie, a sad heart is heavier then a happy heart and it is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to say goodbye to the one person who spent more time and miles beside me throughout races then anyone else. I'll keep many a fond memory of the times you appeared from nowhere to run the final stages of a race together, and the evenings recounting them in Dingle and just a couple of weeks ago in Connemara. Going to miss your company and support in Portumna in June.

Too Soon, Too Quick.

Rest in Peace......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

So sorry to hear this Aimman and to everyone that knew Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Just awful news. RIP Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

So sorry to hear the sad news,from a fellow Newbridge resident.
    R.I.P. Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Just read the news now. I never met you Eddie, but from all accounts you made a big impression on all those you met and I know they'll remember you and miss you at races around the country. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

RIP Eddie. Shocked to hear the news. Only had the pleasure of your company once in Dingle. A real character and Tipp man to the core.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Just read this now. Terribly sad news. R.I.P Eddie. Condolences to your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

R.I.P. Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

R.I.P. Eddie, you made a huge impression on so many members here. Wherever you are now, I'm sure they run long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Saddened by the news, my thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I only know Eddie as a fellow boardsie, but it is so sad and shocking to read his words and enthusiasm, and to think that this tough and upbeat guy is now gone. Its hard to believe.

My condolences to all that knew him, I am really sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Eddie, we never met but the face and the Tipp shirt are familiar. May you rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

RIP Eddie. thoughts are with family, friends and those who have and had been affected in some way by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

RIP Eddie, my thoughts are with your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Eddie was a great guy. Every time I slagged him about running faster than him, he always slagged back that I could never run an Ultra. In fact the only reason I ran the Conn Ultra was as a result of him slagging me for this reason after the Dublin Half last year. If it wasn't for him I would never have ran an ultramarathon.

The best memory I have of Eddie was the same day that bet was made. RQ had a few pints down the hatch and she got quite loud (as she does) and the barman came around and told her to quieten it down. After a while Oisin11178 starts to loudly slag RQ off for being told to shut up. Eddie in his genius asked the barman to tell frank (oisin) and his mate Ken to quieten it down before they got chucked out too and the barman obliged. The two boys soon had an emabarrased look on their face (and quiet mouths).

That was Eddie- always full of craic and a great love of running. This was him in the middle (between Myself and Oisin1178(or frank) ) just before the connemara ultra- I think this sums up everything about the guy. We were ****ting ourselves before the race and he was as relaxed as can be- afterall he had ran 47 marathons including 7 ultras in the 2 years previously.

connemarathonprerace.jpg

By the way, Eddie ran a personal best by over 40 minutes in the Conn Ultra 2011, running 6:06 with amazinlgy even spilts (he told us he ran through the marathon in 4:03), when the spilts of the race come out it will prove that he was one of the very few to run even slits in the Conn Ultra (the last 13.1 miles are very hilly). In many ways the race before he died was the best one he ever ran, fantastic performace!!

RIP Eddie. The Irish running scene just won't be the same without you!

• Advertisement

Advertisement