Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hundred mile week dream.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have met up with Eddie a few times, during races and after races for a few scoops. A true gent among men. Get well soon Eddie, there are more miles and more scoops to be enjoyed real soon now... Hurry up.. We're waiting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Can't keep a good Tipp man down, come on Eddie you can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Get well soon Eddie. See you at the starting line soon mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

+1 to all the above. Get well soon eddie, that Tipperary top is getting cobwebs on it!

All the best, Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Get well soon Eddie - there's a lot of miles to run and Tipp hurling to watch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Get well soon Eddie. You have to win that €50 back from me at some future race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Get well soon Eddie. Many more races to come in the future for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Best wishes Eddie, we need to see that Tipp top out again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Strange I was chatting to someone last night about them getting their training to 100 miles per week, I remembered this log which I haven't read in a while - shocked to hear about the accident when I logged in.
    Get well soon Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Get well soon Eddie, you'll be in Tipp Top shape before you know it (sorry couldn't resist the pun)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Get well soon Eddie,theres a few more sneaki 1's for u and the jersey to tackle.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I've passed on your messages to the nurses in the ICU that are looking after Eddie, they will pass them to his family. I will also send on any more that come through after now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Eddie , you have been there encouraging me before almost every race I have done in Ireland. However long it takes I look forward to you getting back into the jersey and waiting at the start line with us again.
    Fight the hard fight . Its another training programme and you will succeed as you always have done.
    Go SARSFIELDSROCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Eddie, best wishes and get well soon. Tipp need you to run onto the pitch in Semple in the summer and win it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Get well soon Eddie, Im sure we will be seeing you back out there real soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We met briefly in Barcelona - looking forward to seeing you again around a finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Eddie, you're an absolute gent, always there with words of encouragement and never a bad word to say about anyone... Looking forward to a few more pre-race beers with you (you were always one of the few up for it). You've faced tough challenges before and beaten them, you can make it through this one.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Haven't yet had the chance to share a start line or a pint with you, Eddie, but look forward to doing so in the future. You're young, you're strong - you can get past this.

Thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Eddie it was a pleasure as always to meet u before Conn....U got through manys a hard race in the past..u can get through this....Get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Like all of us I have met Eddie at the start of a number of races, while I (we) were all focused inwards at the start, thinking about what lay ahead, Eddie was always looking about and with the hand out to say hello and best of luck. So Eddie, best of luck, get well soon and see you at the next start line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

No one can keep a Tipp man down too long. Best wishes for speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Keep fighting the good fight, this is the real one to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Get well soon Eddie, see you at a race meeting again soon - Bernard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Get well soon, you'll be pulling on them runners and Tipp jersey real soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Eddie wishing you a speedy recovery back to health...or as they say in hurling terms "lower the blade and you will be victorious"*

*note the Clare version usually has a few more expletives in it when we're playing Tipp!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

As we met before Connemara for first time I know this is only a temporary setback...get yourself well mate...You're in our thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭aero2k

Eddie, I'm really sorry to hear about the accident. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I've passed on more of the messages to his family. Despite Eddie's condition, I'm sure he'll be listening to them being read out to him and they will give him the strength to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Eddie, myself and Liz are thinking of you and wishing you a healthy recovery. The Connemara experience wouldn’t have been the same without you, it was great to meet you and I look forward to the next time. You ran an amazing race and you have so many more finish lines to cross. Take care buddy, see you soon x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Eddie, we've never met, but I've checked out your log every so often. So sorry to hear about your accident and hope you get well soon.

Advertisement