Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favorite Unit

• 28-07-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭

You've gotten a couple games in, stomped on a few people - maybe not as often as people have stomped on you - but you have a favorite unit that you can rely on to get you out of a tight spot: what is it?

For me it has to be the Viking. Cheap and Cheerful, Builds really fast with the Starport Reactor, and Cool. You can whip out a new squadron of these every other minute.

Viking_SC2_GameAnim1.gif

Gotten me out of more than a few pinches, especially against Void Prisms and Carriers. And usually once you're done killing his air fleet his base is pretty much wide open: whip out the chainguns and burn it down. Granted he's not a big fan of zerg swarms but against protoss its hard not to love him. It's beautiful watching 10 of these 2-hit a carrier.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I have to say its the Siege tank, but not mine as I play Zerg mostly..

My teammate sends a tank as soon as its done (in 2v2 they nearly always front door attack zerg over terran) and I pop it on the outcropping near my choke and it sits there for the rest of the game scaring the crap out of them

Its quite common for that one tank to have up to 30 or 40 kills in a game

I do of course prop it up with very spine crawlers, etc but its just such a powerful unit.

My favorite Zerg unit is the mutalisk, hit and run unit, perfect harassment - then suddenly you have 16+ of them and you can take on main armies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

are we taking single player or multiplayer?

single player - love them firebats..

multiplayer - probably gonna go with the vikings too. cant beat their tranformation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Favourite single player unit has to be the Vulture, loved them in SC1 and they're so much easier to control in SC2.

Favourite multiplayer unit is probably the Phoenix. Decent anti-mutalisk unit but also my favourite counter to a terran mass tank user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

arghhh!!

I see why you like vikings overheal. Just played a guy who wiped out my mineral line with them.

My timing is off with protoss as i always played terran and protoss units are a bit more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

they are nasty :) keeping 4-6 in reserve is great for countering most protoss harrass attacks as the vast majority are air-based.

Though you're correct, I really should be doing more mineral razing; done a little bit but more is better than not more. Easiest countered by a pack of light infantry; no splash damage.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    they are nasty :) keeping 4-6 in reserve is great for countering most protoss harrass attacks as the vast majority are air-based.

Though you're correct, I really should be doing more mineral razing; done a little bit but more is better than not more. Easiest countered by a pack of light infantry; no splash damage.

yeah he did a drop of marines and helion into my mineral line. i killed them and started rebuilding drones. Moment later 4 vikings show up to finish me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Dark Templer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Collossus. and i dont even play protoss:)

Just wish you could build the mining laser from the single player :)

Dustaz wrote: »
    Collossus. and i dont even play protoss:)

Just wish you could build the mining laser from the single player :)

What mining laser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dont spoil campaign mining lasers for me!

• Advertisement

Yeah using spoiler tags to tell me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Probably the immortal, I just like the weapon animation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Marine_SC2_GameAnim1.gif
    Reeeeeeeeeens!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Having not touched multiplayer yet, and only being about 10-12 levels into the single player, i'd have to say the Viking as well. Or the merc version of the Viking.

Advertisement