Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Full Face Helmet - Advice

Options
  • 28-07-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hoping someone can give me some advice regarding a full face MTB helmet!! The current helmet I have is a MotoX full-face and lately my neck and upper back area tend to be stiff and sore after wearing it. The weight stated on the helmet is 1250 grams. Will a MTB full-face be much lighter? This is the one I'm considering getting: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24914
    I'm off to Les Deux Alpes in a couple of weeks and I'd love to get a new helmet before then. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Yep the MTB full faces are generally much lighter. That particular one gets good reviews. I have seen it in action and it is very light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

1.2kg sounds light for a moto-x helmet! I have a full-face mtb helmet* and it is much lighter than a Lidl open face moto-x. But the lightest normal (ie not megabucks) full face MTB helmets are about 900g.

*Catlike Gravity - not a full on hardcore helmet, more like a normal lid with added jaw/face protection.
    661 have a good reputation for good value full face helmets.

Advertisement