Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

45 Watergate street Navan

Options
  • 28-07-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all

I am new to these boards and looking for some help with a bit of history on the above address. At one time it was called ross's bar/ tavern that is the time scale i am looking at around the early 1900's. If anyone can help i would really appriciate it.

Thanks in advance

Paddy Fallan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

I think that is now Knights bar. It was called ross's bar years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

It's Clem's pub. Just wondering exactly what kind of info you are looking for about it from the early 1900's - sounds like you know what the premises was back then - do you want to know who ran it/owned it or more about what type of place it was?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paddy Fllan

Hi Thanks for the reply

Yes more info on who owned the bar and info on the people . This was Ross's bar in the early 1900 my grandfather was michael ross who lived there at the time.He had a brother James and sister Lizzie I also was told they owned a farm and a corner shop?

Thanks Paddy Fallan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

Here's a link to the 1911 census return for the Ross family (just in case you haven't already got it).

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Meath/Navan_Urban/Watergate_Street/727131/

There doesn't seem to be a record for them in 1901.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paddy Fllan

HI Does anyone have any more information on the above address. When it was owned by the ross,s.

Thanks Paddy Fallan

• Advertisement
Advertisement