Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyproc Skimcoat exterior use

• 28-07-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I have started to plaster some of my garage using this. It says it can be used on a sand and cement scratch coat. I have a niggling in my brain that maybe it is internal use only?? anyone know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

wingnut wrote: »
    I have started to plaster some of my garage using this. It says it can be used on a sand and cement scratch coat. I have a niggling in my brain that maybe it is internal use only?? anyone know.

The pink Skim? Internal only. Exterior plaster is generally just a sand and cement mix

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

The pink Skim? Internal only. Exterior plaster is generally just a sand and cement mix

Agreed - don't use outside it will soak water, that water will freeze in cold weather and you'll have a proper problem - I think my Grandad did something like this on an exterior garden wall and I've inherited the resulting problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Oh crap its only on a small bit at the bottom. Thanks to the info guys. I guess I need to get the chisel out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 smokeyjoe321

you never said if your plastering the internal walls or external walls of your garage if its internal walls its ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If you are plasetering outside your shed, its not for that.

If its the if its the externa, wall on the INSIDE of the shed, it can be used for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement